Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Two Little Piggies

So, I haven't reported on feeding status recently, but Kynlee is also taking some bottle feedings. Brooklyn, of course, started Monday and Kynlee was quick to follow on Tuesday. Tuesday during their 11 am feedings, both girls took the full feeding from the bottle. They are only trying them once a shift right now and they are a little up and down with how well they do, but it's a good start.

Kynlee's first bottle






The boys are being slow pokes, but I think Gage may be ready for an attempt. He was searching for his pacifier yesterday everytime it fell out of his mouth and he stayed very alert of a long time. I'm hoping they will try him soon. And Westin . . . well, he just seems pretty complacent with the way things are so he may take his time, who knows.

We also had the second round of head ultrasounds yesterday. I am a little fuzzy on Kynlee's results. There seems to be a slight difference in opinion between doctors so I am asking them to repeat it, but everyone else looked good.

Brooklyn - unremarkable; normal scan
Gage - still asymmetrical lateral ventricles, but within normal limits
Westin - unchanged; bilateral grade 1 hemmorhages (right greater than left), so it's not any worse and grade 1's typically don't cause any problems. they will repeat the scan in 2 weeks
Kynlee - first scan showed mild enlargement of 3rd ventricle and on this one, the radiologist reported unremarkable scan, but before reading the radiology report, the neonatologist told me that she had bilateral grade 2 hemmorhages. He defaulted to the radiologist and seemed unconcerned, but I have requested a third scan to verify what we are seeing and he has agreed. Praying that it really is unremarkable!

Otherwise, everyone is doing great and growing big!!

No comments:

Post a Comment