Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cooking with Bumblebee



I think this could be a hit idea for a new cooking show. Who wouldn't want cooking instructions from a 3 year old dressed as a transformer?! Now I just need to do some market research to determine our target demographic and find more recipes that a 3 year old can help with! :) Oh, and the audience needs to be able to overlook it when the "chef" picks up an apple dumpling that has already been placed in the pan to bite off raw crescent roll dough and then places it back in the pan!!
Jackson insisted on wearing his Halloween costume while making apple dumplings together. (He wanted to be Megatron, which very much stressed Clint out since Megatron is the villian, but they didn't have Megatron in the small size, then he wanted to be Optimus Prime and at the last minute changed his mind to Bumblebee. I thought girls were supposed to be the indecisive ones . . . )
Really, I was the one that made this little venture difficult. Once we were elbow deep in apple dumplings, I realized I didn't have sugar. So . . . I called Jessica and she brought us sugar. After drowning them in the sugar and dairy free butter mixture, it was time for cinnamon. I grabbed what I thought was ground cinnamon and began to sprinkle generously over the dumplings. Cooking tip number one: when reaching for a spice in your cabinet, read the entire label of said spice, don't assume it is cinnamon just because you see the a "C" or you might sprinkle your dumplings with ground CUMIN instead of ground cinnamon! So . . . then, Jessica began helping Jackson with the do over of the apple dumplings while I went to the store for more sugar and more of Jackson's dairy free butter. When all was said and done, we did end up with a successful batch of very yummy apple dumplings, but I can't guarantee that Jackson didn't bite any of them before they were baked!

No comments:

Post a Comment