I was released from captivity and put back into the wild on Sunday evening!! It's great being home, but difficult to keep up with babies and Jackson going back and forth. I feel a little torn and I have been VERY busy the last couple of days. Fortunately I am feeling pretty good, but a little more rest would be nice (I'm exhausted by the end of the day)! I apologize for being so neglectful of the blog over the last week, but as you can imagine, it has been quite the week. A big thanks to my mom for posting a few updates so it wasn't totally neglected.
So, a quick recap of the last week from my perspective. . . Wednesday obviously was a long day: C-section at 7:30 am, recovery and then a trip to the NICU as well as a visit from Jackson and various other friends and family. The C-section went beautifully (my doctors were pleasantly surprised by how well it went and how little bleeding I had) . . . except for the massive headache that came on after Clint left with all the babies. It was truly the worst headache I could imagine having and it happened very suddenly. To be honest it scared me badly and I was in so much pain that I was almost unable to verbalize it to the doctors. They told me later that it scared them at first too, but the final consensus was, that because I didn't lose a lot of blood (which they thought I would) and my head was tilted slightly down, all the blood rushed to my head causing a headache of epic proportions!
Thursday I felt pretty good with mild headaches off and on and spent some time getting to know our new additions. By Thursday, everyone was on room air (absolutely a miracle) and we were able to hold them! Friday was a doozy though. The headaches got progressively worse until I was in tears and couldn't tolerate noise or light. It took a while to come up with a solution until finally they gave me Demerol and Fenigren which pretty much knocked me out, but every time I woke up I was still in a lot of pain. They kept me on this cocktail for somewhere between 18 and 20 hours and finally I was starting to feel better. Needless to say, I didn't spend much quality time with the little people since I was sleeping. Saturday and Sunday were better with only minor and occasional headaches and a lot more baby bonding time! Since I've been home, I am having the occasional headache still, but they are tolerable. My doctors think I just need to get rid of more fluid.
Life is crazy busy. I thought I would have some time to rest and recoup while the babies are in the NICU, but I feel like I am running non-stop. I may have to force some rest time so I don't wear out before they get here. It's hard to stop though when there is so much to do and so many people that you feel need your time.
Jackson is being a trooper, but obviously is struggling a little with desire for my time and attention. I completely understand though. For 7 weeks and 2 days, he rarely spent more than a couple hours a day with me and now he wants his mommy back. On Monday, when I went to the hospital for the first time since being home, Jackson asked me about 5 times, "You're going to go see the babies and then you are going to come back, RIGHT!?" Then tonight when I put him to bed, he told me, "You are not going to see the babies, you are going to spend all day with me!" This is a hard juggling act, but when I feel like it's impossible, Clint reassures me that we will find balance.
So, before I close for tonight (because I am exhausted and should already be in bed), one piece of exciting news. THEY ARE GOING TO LET JACKSON MEET THE BABIES TOMORROW!!!!!!! The NICU policy is that only siblings 5 and over can go meet babies, but we are doing an interview with the local news stations and the local paper tomorrow and since the babies are all on room air, they are going to move them to an unoccupied area of the NICU for an hour and allow Jackson to be there for it! I was very hesitant to do the interviews, but after a lot of debate, Clint and I decided to and then when I found out Jackson was going to get to meet the babies, it made it all worth it! So, for those of you who are local, the paper will have a brief "teaser" in tomorrow's edition (Sept 8th) and a full story in Thursday's edition and I think the news stations will air the story tomorrow evening.
I had planned to post a few new pictures, but fatigue has won over, so I will try to post some tomorrow. I have to end by saying that God is so good! We could not have received such an amazing outcome for both myself and the babies without his amazing grace and all of your prayers! One week old tomorrow!!!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What news station.
ReplyDeleteMimi and Papoo can hardly wait to meet our new "Adopted Additions"!! We will give you plenty of time to adjust to your new, dizzying, amazing, blessed life before we meet the new Hackers! You are in our thoughts and prayers each day. I remember when Melissa had Ford and the the battle of emotions when she had to leave him in NICU for so long. There is a light at the end of the tunnel...not a train...you have already been hit by that! Now rest as much as you can, call for help before you need it and love those babies!!
ReplyDeleteI am soo glad to see this. I also have PCOS and live exactly 45 minutes away from you guys!! good luck..and again I AM SOO HAPPY for you guys!! Good luck in everything you do..
ReplyDelete