Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And Jackson Makes Five . . .

So, enough baby hype for a few minutes. I need to spend some time documenting the recent antics of the soon to be Ringmaster of the Hacker Family Circus. . . Jackson.
While we have been preparing for babies to come home and talking about baby progress, Jackson has been his usual entertaining and sometimes trying self. He is talking about the babies more and more all the time and about the things he is going to do to help with them, like feeding them, " all by myself!" We'll see buddy! But, offering to help is better than the other day when he told me he was turning into a baby. (Uh-oh)

In preparation for a house full, we have attempted some potty training with Jackson. He is not even remotely interested to be honest and will actually flat out tell you," I don't want to go potty on the potty chair." However, we do have a few entertaining stories from our ADVENTURES IN POTTY TRAINING . . .

So, mom attempted some while I was in the hospital after the delivery and here's what happened. (1) Jackson stripped down one day and decided he wanted to stay naked for a while. Mom walked into the room later and found him holding a diaper under himself while peeing into it. Come on kid, if you are smart enough to get a diaper to pee into, you can definitely pee in the toilet. (2) While sitting on the potty chair, mom asked him if he wanted a glass of water to help him go faster. He of course thought that was a great idea. Mom walked out of the room and when she came back by, she caught him pouring his water into the potty chair. Because his back was turned, he didn't know she had spotted him and when she came back in a few minutes later, he promptly told her,"Granna, I pee-peed in the potty." When mom asked him if he peed or if he poured his water in, he told her the truth, but should he already be able to attempt this kind of manipulation!? (3) When Granna told him they would go buy some cheerios to put in the toilet and aim at, his response was,"Granna, how would cheerios and pee be good?" The kid's got a point. Like I always say, you can count on Jackson for some entertainment!

He's got a lot of things figured out, like this weekend when he told my mom (they were baking cookies),"I'll mix it and you can clean up Granna!" He's no dummy.

In addition to entertaining me, I have enjoyed a few firsts with him recently. He rode his tricycle for the first time this week. Santa brought it for Christmas last year and his legs are FINALLY long enough to reach the pedals! No matter how many "firsts" I watch, I am always in awe of how quickly a child can learn to do something and how hard they work to perfect it. Every time I experience a first with Jackson, I just want to hold onto the moment forever! I don't know if it's because of what I do for a living or what, but I never take those firsts and milestones for granted. I definitely treasure each one and I was in a state of sheer joy watching him ride his tricycle!




I also was able to make his first S'more for him this week with some milk free, sweet chocolate bars that my mom found at a grocery store near her. Surprisingly, they were not bad! She is going to bring us some more. I'm always excited when we find a way to allow Jackson to enjoy the food other people get to enjoy!





Finally, I have to share our new phase. The WHERE? phase. I thought kids went through a WHY? phase. Maybe that's coming next, but right now, he wants to know WHERE? everything is. Here is a sample of the recent conversations that he and I have had (this conversation was while we were looking at a Halloween book.
J: Where is Halloween?
Mommy: In October
J: No, Where is Halloween?
Mommy: I don't know.
J: Where are the witch and the cat?
Mommy: In Halloween town.
J: Where is Halloween town?
Mommy: Next to Christmas town.
J: Where is Christmas town?
Mommy: Next to Granna's house.
J: Where is Granna's house?
Mommy: In Dallas.
J: Where is Dallas? (At which point I start laughing and he turns to me with a very serious look on his face and says . . . "Why is that funny?"
These are just random pictures of the way Jackson decided to set up the memory game this week. He formed the perfect square all by himself. Is it scary that he already has the perfectionist qualities of both his mother and father and he's not even 3 yet?



It doesn't get much more fun than popping giant packing bubbles. These were strewn all over my living room by the time this game was done! :)

I could go on and on about this very special and very fun little boy, but others might get tired of my never end string of stories that I want to document so I will remember, so I'll save some for another day! But I'll leave you with one final quote from my goofy kid (said yesterday, in the car while his finger was in his nose) "Mommy, do babies pick their boogers?" My reply, "No, Jackson" His response," Well, big boys do pick their boogers!" Gotta love the honesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment