I was able to go home on pass last night for dinner and a little family time. On the way back to the hospital we stopped at a small park where I could sit and enjoy the outdoors (something I may never take for granted again) while Clint and Jackson "fished" for the first time together in a little playa lake. I put fished in quotations because Jackson's fishing pole has a plastic fish attached to the end so he caught the same fish over and over, but was very excited! He worked on casting and did better than I would have thought. They may go fishing again next weekend because they had so much fun. One of the baby boys was moving around like crazy during the fishing adventure and I told Jackson his brother wanted to fish too. To which he replied,"He can't come out yet." I got a kick out of that.
While I was at home, Jackson came over to me on the couch and pulled my shirt up over my belly so he could see it and started talking about babies. He started by bopping all the babies and then proceeded to kissing them. We are working on teaching him their names and where they all are (I know I haven't posted names here yet, it's not that they are secret, but until we have the fourth, I don't want to make an official post on the topic). He was being silly and calling all the babies "John" last night (this is his best friend's name). My favorite though was when he grabbed my belly with both hands and attempted to rock my belly while singing,"Rock a baby, Rock a baby." I think he was trying to sing "Rock-a-bye baby" but didn't know all the words so he told me that I had to sing it to the babies! Very cute.
He's still on a Space Jam kick and was watching that while I was at home last night. He sings along to the all the songs and it is hysterical. I especially enjoy," Hoop there it is." Maybe I'll have Clint try to figure out how to post a video on the blog (you know, in all his "spare" time right now!) Jackson was dressed in a basketball jersey shirt last night and sunglasses (which he wouldn't take off even in the house) and told me that he looked cool, just like Michael Jordan! What would I do without my little entertainer?!
This picture was just too funny not to post. Clint said this is how he found him at the end of naptime today.
Only 2 more days until we hit 28 weeks! I'll check back in with an update then!



congrats for your 28w ! great milestone.
ReplyDeletestill so sad it didn't work out to come see you on saturday. i didn't feel better until around 5:00 in the evening...i am enjoying your precious blog..especiallly jackson stories...he cracks me up...about to go to colorado for about 10 days starting on Thursday, so not sure that I will make it by to see you before then:)...glad you got to get out some this weekend...i think of you often...prayers your way
ReplyDelete