“I sing for joy at the works of Your hands.” – Psalm 92:4
If you'll remember, at 24 weeks I said we'd sing in celebration at 28 weeks and here we are! My doctors are very excited by this milestone, but of course we want to keep going! Next stop . . . 30 weeks, then of course dancing shoes at 32 weeks!
Not much to update. Everything is still going well. My high risk doctor came in today and told me all my numbers still look good, blood pressure is great, he has no immediate cause for concern! I'm having very few contractions, but the ones I do have are a little stronger. He says that is going to happen though because of how stretched my uterus is getting. They will do growth measurements on babies tomorrow during my ultrasound because my doctor wants to see them before he leaves town . . . Yes, he will be 300 miles away this weekend (Friday-Sunday) visiting his kids, so extra prayers that these babies behave this weekend. I refuse to deliver without him here!! He gave me is cell number in case I had any questions or concerns while he was out of town and actually told me I could call anytime I had a question!
I have kept a positive attitude overall, and my OB always tells me I get the good attitude award, but I will admit that I am starting to get nervous at times. Reaching this 28 week milestone is a relief and scary at the same time. Part of me feels like, "Yes!! We've come this far!" and part of me feels like," Oh, I need to make it farther and how much longer can my body do this without complication?!" However, I also know that even if I went into pre-term labor now or my blood pressure got high, my doctor has a lot of tricks up his sleeve to control/manage it so we could make it a little longer.
The hospital sentence is getting more tedious. The last couple of days have gone by in slow motion. Last night I did have two good friends come up to watch the season finale of The Bachelorette with me. It felt good to do something normal and social even if it was in the hospital. And today I got to go the pool and float for 25 minutes! I'm trying to focus on things to look forward to in order to get through each day and actually I do alright during the day, it's the evening/night that I feel a little lonely. Seems like you ought to be with your husband and child at night! In the grand scheme of life this is just a blink of an eye, but right now it feels like an eternity.
My high risk doctor has suggested that I post a calendar on the wall to cross off days to count down to 32 weeks. When I told Kristen about this, she suggested making a construction paper chain (like you do in elementary school) and ripping one off everyday as a countdown, so I think we are going to do that :) Gotta find ways to amuse myself! For example, the other day I was putting spray cheese on crackers (something I haven't eaten in years) and decided to start making faces on my crackers like I did when I was a kid. It made me laugh to be sitting by myself making funny faces on food. Does this mean I'm slowly going crazy or that I'm making the best of a lot of time alone. I'm not sure!
Well, it's naptime, gotta get in a little rest before my little man comes to see me this afternoon!



LOL @ making faces on cracker w/ cheese! Yes, hospital bedrest is mindnumbing and sooooo lonely at night. I wish I lived close enough to visit and bring you some non-hospital food. Glad you have friends nearby to come entertain you every once in a while. I know it's SO HARD, but it's SO WORTH IT! Keep the positive attitude ... I think that will get you as far as the tricks the doc has up his sleeve! :)
ReplyDelete