Today marks four weeks since I entered the hospital! It's been a long four weeks at times and other times, it passes more quickly. I will admit that I am beginning to get more emotional about being away from home. I have gotten a little weepy (okay, maybe a lot weepy) a couple of times this week in the evenings, but otherwise I am holding strong. It did make me feel good the other day when the nurse from NICU who gave us our tour and is in charge of education came in to see me. He wanted to see how I was doing and stayed and talked for a few minutes. Before he left he told me,"I've had a difficult few days and I needed a bright spot. You are always smiliing so I came to see you."
Babies are all still doing well. We don't check growth again until next week, but everyone has strong heart beats, good movement, good fluid and good umbilical cord dopplers (C and D were a little high earlier this week, but now they are not!) I am also doing well. They ran some labs just to check on things this week and everything came back great! My high risk doctor was actually surprised how good some of the numbers were. My blood protein was a little low, but he said that is normal with any pregnancy and mine was not alarmingly low. He is amazed that I am not anemic because a lot moms carrying one are anemic. Glucose levels are good, blood pressure is good, basically still doing well. They scanned by old C-section scar on Wednesday to make sure it was not bulging or thinning and it looks good too. I did gain some weight this last week, so that's also good!
I don't have much more to update right now. I will try to be better about posting. Lots of visitors, phone calls and sleeping in the last few days. Looking forward to this next week. My dad comes back tonight, Jessica and Jacob (come to town for this next school year) on Monday and my grandparents are planning to come this week. Ought to be lots to keep me busy and make the next week fly by!!! 30 weeks is just around the corner!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



YES! Keep smiling! It's okay (and normal) to be weepy once in a while (or a lot), but a good attitude overall does your babies SO MUCH good!! Plus, I think you get better care when you are a pleasant patient. :) Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWho was the nurse? Dee or Jerry by any chance? I'm glad you're keeping up your spirits as much as possible...and it's also okay to weep as needed! (You are pregnant after all!) Keep up the good work :-)
ReplyDeleteMarissa - Dee was the nurse
ReplyDeleteSuzy - I manage to smile most of the time. During the day I'm really mostly ok, it's just the evening by myself. Acutally my OB told me today," I would even know that you were getting emotional if you hadn't told me, you always seem so upbeat." Which I am in regards to how well this is going. The emotion is just the solitude and time away from my boys!
I know ... it's so hard. No one understands how hard it is except for those of us who have been there, and even for us, the memory is fading. You will be on the other side soon, too ... but hopefully not for another few weeks. :)
ReplyDelete