Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Little Excitement

So, we had our first bit of excitement last night, but don't worry, it seems to be over. I was feeling like I was having a lot of contractions (not painful, just tightening), so I called the nurse to come hook me up to the monitor. Turns out, I was right! I was having contractions every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. They weren't really strong, but they got stronger with a little time (still not painful, pre-term labor contractions though). They called the doctor who ordered a couple of medications and put me on an I.V. to increase hydration and contractions stopped really quickly after that. I didn't have to get the big guns (the Magnesium Sulfate I hear is so awful). They were able to just give me Tordol and Endocin (not sure I spelled those correctly). So far, so good today!

My high risk doctor came in a little while ago and told me he still feels like we are in good shape and that this doesn't necessarily signal pre-term labor looming overhead. My cervix still looked good yesterday and he is going to re-check it tomorrow during ultrasound just to make sure after this little episode. He is playing it safe and giving me my second round of steriods today and tomorrow. Last time those caused a few contractions, but they will be keeping a close eye on me here and I can request monitoring any time I feel it might be necessary. So, all is good once again and we will pray for that to continue. The nurse practioner said this episode is likely just because my uterus is starting to get "tired" but as long as we can get it under control easily and quickly they are happy.

Keep up the prayers and send me prayer requests any of you have. I've got some down time to send up a few extra prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is exciting....so glad everything turned out okay and those babies decided to hang out inside longer! :) We'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your uterus will be acting up a lot ... Indocin is good up until a certain number of weeks (can't remember what the cut-off was). I was on the highest dose of mag for 8 weeks, but I was lucky not to have any really bad side effects. Just felt REALLY hot and found it difficult to concentrate. So if you have to go on mag, it might not be as terrible as you've heard. Hang in there, and don't move any more than you have to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Suzy...time for you to chill...and rest!! You have been incredibly active and for a long time while carrying those four! I can't believe it! Also, watch the visitors...I used to contract when I had too much stimulation from visitors! :)

    still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely limiting visitors. I think I am limiting to 2 a day and if I need to cut it back more I will. Also trying to keep some time between visitors so I can get in a nap if I need one! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete