Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Festivities

Ok, so I have to admit that my actual birthday was a bust! As previously mentioned, I had 4 sick babies and a washing machine repair guy to celebrate with. On top of that, Jackson had a SUPER cranky 3 year old melt down that evening. By the time it was all said and done, I went to bed without even cutting into the birthday frozen custard pie that I had bought :( Oh well, that's just how the ball bounces this year. I did enjoy some birthday dessert the next day and then made up for the birthday craziness with a VERY enjoyable night out with Clint on Saturday.

We went to a fabulous local Italian restaurant where I enjoyed a much needed and appreciated pomegranate martini (which I spilled all over myself when it was almost gone, no kids for the evening and I still manage to get messy :) From there, we took date night to Home Depot (do we know how to party or what) to look at paint colors for the new house. This may sound lame, but we don't get out by ourselves much and I really wanted to pick out some colors! We made up for our lame Home Depot trip by finishing the evening at the 50th Street Caboose, a local restaurant that has an arcade/game room. I LOVE skee ball and requested a skee ball challenge (we're kind of competitive around here).

I wasn't sure that I would be able to show up in the skee ball challenge because I haven't played in forever, but it turns out I've still got it (with a little warming up)! After proving that I still rock at this, we moved onto a basketball shooting challenge (you know the game where you shoot the balls while the back board moves forward and backward the entire time). Clint was confident in his ability to kick my butt at this one . . . well, cockiness won't get him anywhere, because I beat him all FOUR games that we played. Have to admit that I enjoyed this immensely. It's fun to beat your husband at something you didn't think you stood a chance at :) He came back with a win in air hockey though. I had a great time! I love getting to unwind a little and do something fun.

Poor Aunt Kiki and her friend did not have as much fun at my house. Jackson apparently cried for the majority of the four hours we were gone (he's going through a super clingy, I don't want mommy out of my sight stage). As always though, she met the challenge head on and I am so thankful to her for the fabulous night out! All in all, a pretty good birthday in the end! Now to get a move on the rest of very busy week!Obligatory birthday date night picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment