Disclaimer: The information contained in this post is accurate regarding 7 month statistics. Any progress that has been made since turning 7 months old will be properly noted to ensure accuracy. The late nature of this post is due to a recent move and lack of internet in new residence at this time.
Seriously, we have NO internet or t.v. or home phone . . . it’s like we live in the dark ages, but it’s been kind of nice. You can be more productive without all the modern conveniences. We are waiting on installation due to backed up work orders and we don’t know exactly when we will have any of it! The only reason I am able to play a little catch up is because we are at my mom and dad’s house this weekend for an air show (I’m sure there will be more on this later).
So, we moved to our new house on April 1st, the same day the babies turned seven months old! Wow, where has the time gone!? They are really taking off lately. They are starting to move purposefully (or at least trying to). They are definitely rolling all over the place. You never know where you will find them if you step out of the room for a minute or two. They love playing with toys on the floor and they love their activity centers. They are already starting to take toys from each other and they get mad when one of their toys is taken from them (especially Gage). Brooklyn is my worst toy thief. I can already hear the screams and accusatory exclamations in a couple of years (oh wait, I hear them now, just without real words).
Onto the specifics:
Weight: 14 lbs 6 oz (the smallest)
Personality: I may have originally missed the mark on this one. I thought she was my sweet, snuggly one, and she is, but I also think she may be my manipulative and naughty one as well. Like I said before, she is my worst toy thief and it is COMPLETELY intentional. Another baby will get a toy and Brooklyn immediately beelines for it and takes it away. She is also my touchy, feely baby. She likes to touch and grab at everything (this sometimes upsets other babies when the thing she is touching or grabbing is their face). She makes Kynlee crazy at naptime and bedtime, she is constantly climbing all over her, but they still sleep pretty soundly, so I’m not rocking that boat for now. Brooklyn continues to make me smile when she coos at me or flashes me a goofy grin, I love these moments. She is the “softest” baby (if that makes sense, I don’t know how else to describe her).
Development: Brooklyn’s two bottom, front teeth are breaking through the surface. I found the first one on Sunday (April 10th) and the second one today (April 15th). She is also the most mobile. She figured out how to army crawl just a couple of days after she turned 7 months old and you can’t stop her now. She is still not very fast, but she is very determined. If she spots a target across the room, she will make it all the way there, it may just take a little time. This aids her well in her toy snatching ventures. She is getting faster everday! She is just starting to try to get her knees under her, mostly she pushes with one leg and pulls with her arms for mobility. I find her all over the place!
Weight: 17lbs 4 oz (only 5 oz under the total weight of all four at birth, wow).
Personality: Still serious, but I’m starting to see a little more silliness and a lot more smiles from him everyday. He loves to giggle and it doesn’t take much to bring it out. Gage still does not like it when another baby gets in his space too much and he is the loudest complainer when Brooklyn or anyone else takes a toy from him. It really hurts his feelings, as does putting him down to sleep, but he gets over it quickly. He still LOVES to eat and is growing more impatient with me everyday. He does not like when I pause to give a bite of food to another baby, as a matter of fact, he is already whining the second the spoon leaves his mouth! He will cry while I get a second bite for HIM. I think he would prefer that I feed him alone and that I use two hands so there is always a spoon at the ready! I adore snuggling Gage. He is so round and solid and it just melts my heart to snuggle him close to me and watch him smile.
Development: Gage is getting up on hands and knees, but can’t coordinate a forward movement yet. A few days after he turned 7 months, he started pushing himself backward when on hands and knees and this seems to frustrate him, but he’ll get it. He can turn himself in a circle to get where he wants to go and he can roll very purposefully. It will only be a matter of time before he’s off and running I’m sure.
Weight: 16 lbs 10 oz
Personality: Westin is still very laid back most of the time. He definitely lets you know when he is mad and like Gage, he seems personally offended by nap and bedtime. He seems to be my laziest baby. He is content to be. He loves to play with toys and he loves to watch everyone else. He has a smile with dimples that sparkle. Between those dimples and those long, dark lashes, I’m pretty sure he can get anything he wants and he knows it. Maybe that’s why he’s lazy . . . because he knows he can be. I love to make Westin smile. It lights up his entire face and makes my day everytime. I love that he wants to snuggle anytime of day (this is his favorite pastime in life).
Development: Westin has his two bottom front teeth. I found them on my birthday (March 24). He started getting up on knees and forearms a couple of days after he turned 7 months old. He is my only one that really does not have any purposeful mobility yet (except rolling, he does use that very purposefully). This sometimes means that he cannot get himself out of the way when someone else is plowing over him. So, he yells for me to rescue him! He’ll get there in his own time.
Weight: 14 lbs 11 oz
Personality: Still a fireball, though I do think she is picked on more than she picks on the others (i.e. Brooklyn picks on her). She is so excited all the time. All you have to do is smile or talk to Kynlee and she is excited. She makes you feel special because she is excited to see you every time. I love how joyful and excited Kynlee is all the time. She is a very happy baby, though I do still think she is a little high strung. She loves all her people and just wants someone to talk to or look at. I think she is going to be very funny as she gets older.
Development: I thought I would be reporting that Kynlee was crawling by know. She got on her hands and knees for the first time at 6 ½ months (about a month ago). She is constantly on her hands and knees and she can launch herself forward to get where she wants to go, but she can’t figure the hands out. She will move her knees forward and then just face plant because she doesn’t move her hands forward. She is pushing into side sitting and balancing on one hand. If she could push up, she would be sitting, but she hasn’t quite figured it out yet. I do laugh at her often because when all the toys are picked up and in the basket, she will get herself right up next to the basket, get up on hands and knees and just peer over the top of the basket at the toys, then look around at someone to help her. She hasn’t figured out how to reach up and get the toys out of the basket. She just looks so perplexed and pitiful when she does this and I can’t help but laugh!
Another month has come and gone and I am loving every minute. Sometimes I just sit and stare at one of them while I am holding them (I do this to Jackson too, but can usually only get away with it for a minute), just trying to memorize the moment so I can hold onto it forever. I know I will blink and it will be over and they will be gone. I look forward to the future, but can’t help but feel a little sadness at each passing day too . . .



No comments:
Post a Comment