Christmas Eve was spent like always with good friends. Clint and I took Jackson to the children’s mass that afternoon. They sang Happy Birthday to Jesus before church which I thought was nice because it was something the kids could understand. Jackson was antsy as always during church, but he did well. Since we were all dressed up, we had to take nice family picture (the babies did not attend church with us, but they still got to wear their fun Christmas clothes).
Christmas morning was very exciting. Jackson woke up to find his “special present,” a Kawasaki power wheels 4 wheeler. He looked excited when he saw it, then Jessica said, “That’s what Santa left me.” To which Jackson replied with a somewhat dejected tone of voice, “I sure do like your present.” Jessica is such a stinker:) Santa brought activity gyms for the babies. Mommy is very excited about those! One of them has piano keys on the floor for the babies to step on and make music, how fun!! Santa also left a stuffed animal by each kid’s head. Kynlee got a very fun, pink horse, Brooklyn got a pastel bunny, Gage and Westin both got colorful sock monkeys and Jackson got a snowman (which he has named, Frosty the Snowman Vonny the Dinosaur, somehow I don’t think it will stick). I got a picture of everyone with their animal except Kynlee. Maybe I will have to stage one just for the record books!
Jackson went outside to ride his new 4 wheeler as soon as he could, but didn’t last long because it was cold! We finished the day with a great meal and a lot of family time. I already can’t wait until next Christmas!! (The babies will be a mess by then!) It was not only a great Christmas Day, but a great Christmas Vacation at Granna and Poppo's!Waiting for big brother to get up and start the fun!
Jackson and Aunt Jessica. Still sleeping!
Jackson with Frosty the Snowman Vonny the Dinosaur (don't ask, I have no idea where it comes from!)
Kynlee (the Staged picture from today)
Too cute not to include (this applies to the picture above and below)
When the "Quad Squad" comes for Christmas, you feed babies while you watch football!
Playing the Santa Claus Board Game
Gage after a long day of celebrating
As we left Granna and Poppo's house after our extended Christmas vacation, my mom started to cry (she always does, our Grandma Haefele always used to do this when we left her house too, maybe it's a Grandma thing). Jackson told her, "Get happy Granna! I will come back another day." A good end to a good trip;)
**Stayed tuned for New Year's at the Hacker Farm (the holidays have really got me behind on posting and I'm not even including everything I would like to. Yikes!!)



No comments:
Post a Comment