This has been the theme for the week in our house!
Gage started the trend this week. Now, as a baby, there is only so much you can change for a little variety so he had to get creative . . .
Thumb sucking is so last week, after coming home from a weekend at Granna's he was mixing it up a little by sucking two fingers (he still sucks the thumb some too, though a little less often, could there be hope that he's not too addicted)
But why stop at changing your self soothing methods when you can also change your sleep habits?! I found him Tuesday morning with his head by Westin's feet (they always start out with their heads at the same end of the crib). To be honest, I have no idea how he accomplished this with the space he had to work with . . . just talented I guess.
Not to be outdone (or maybe out of fear that Gage would steal the spotlight), the girls decided they needed a little variety too, though they were not as original as Gage. They too wanted to change up the sleep. I found both of them on Friday morning 180 degrees from their start position. I have NO IDEA how they BOTH did this, especially without waking each other up (because they never made a peep).
Westin is a little more conservative with variety in his routine. Apparently one of his feet gets a little hot or needs some fresh air, I'm not sure. I found him the other morning with one foot out of his sleeper! He does this on occasion, I don't know how, but no one else does it.
Finally, there is Jackson. Jackson was putting a little variety into his underwear choices this morning. He spent as much time and attention in picking out his superhero underwear of the day as some women put into shoes and purses. Like I said, gotta shake things up and make sure you're getting enough variety. (Though maybe this wasn't about variety, because when he took the underwear off this evening, he asked if he could wear them again tomorrow, eeeek! I convinced him that they need to be washed first).
I think Clint and I pretty much kept things on an even keel, except for the fact that we put our house up for sale (this was official on Tues). Maybe the kiddos were responding to the major change we are planning to make to their lives in this regard. They may just be telling us that they can keep us guessing too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Have y'all started looking at other houses?
ReplyDelete