Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hospital Bound

So, it's official, I will be in the hospital before the end of the week. Everything is still going well, my high risk doctor is just ready. He will feel better about having me in a controlled environment from here on out and as much as I don't want to reside in a hospital, it will make me feel better too.

I went to antepartum on Saturday for tocolytic monitoring. Only one contraction while hooked up to the monitor for 40 minutes and my blood pressure was great. My high risk doctor came in and said everything still looks good, no signs of pre-term labor or pre-eclampsia ( I have only the Lord to thank for that), but it's just time. I see him in his office tomorrow morning and may be at the hospital as soon as Wednesday. When he and I discussed it yesterday, I couldn't help but start crying (which I think kind of got to him, he is a very nice man). Like I said I am ready to go (sort of), but the thought of leaving my house, my husband and my son for possibly a couple months is really hard!

I told Jackson, last night when I was reading him a book, that mommy was going to have to go stay at the hospital soon, but he would come see me all the time and he told me, "No, you don't have to go, you have to stay here at my house!" This will be hard. Please pray for Jackson. I know this will be a difficult time for him, but I also know that 2 year olds are resilient. Also pray for Clint, this single daddy with a wife in the hospital and a full time job won't be easy on him either. I pray everyday for him to have patience and Jackson to be good :)

Jackson got back from Granna and Poppo's yesterday and I am so happy to have him around again, but I forget how much it drains me just to have him here. I don't have much patience right now and I hate that, but I know it is just hormones and fatigue, as well as frustration at the things I cannot do for him right now. We did watch Space Jam together today in my bed (first time Jackson has ever seen that movie) and both fell asleep. Precious moments like these are what you live for as a mom and boy do I have a great kid (even if he is a little spoiled right now from all the grandparent time!) My mom said that yesterday on the way home, they had the following conversation:

Granna: "Jackson, I don't want to give you back, I want to keep you."
Jackson: "You can't keep me, I don't belong to you."
Granna: " Who do you belong to?"
Jackson: " I belong to my Mommy and Daddy!"

At least with all the traveling he's done recently, he still knows where home is! :) He starts swimming lessons tomorrow with Aunt Kiki. I know he will have a blast. Wish I was going, but I may have a friend videotape a session for me so I can at least see some of it!

On a final note, I was kind of touched and amused yesterday, when my high risk doctor (after discussing all the medical things we needed to go over) said to me, " So, just out of curiosity, I was wondering how you prepare for 4 babies or are you waiting to prepare until later?" Then he sat and listened while Clint and I listed off what we have done and what we are waiting to do. He was actually very interested and very sweet. I have really enjoyed having him as a doctor. He is very thorough and very kind and compassionate as well as a very Christian man.

Guess I better get all my ducks in a row over the next couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. Saying an extra pray for the Hackers tonight! I know the next few months will be rough, but they will be worth it in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were many, many times I was so glad to be in the hospital. I didn't have to worry if I was contracting or not because I could just hook up the monitor and find out. You will be forced to rest there, that's about all you can do! At least you'll have the internet! 11 years ago...NO internet in the hospital! I'll be visiting!! hang in there! lifting yall up!

    ReplyDelete