Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Guys

I spend a lot of time documenting my feelings and pregnancy updates, but today, I am going to talk about my guys!

They are going on 13 days of being on their own and I am so impressed with how well they are doing. I will note that Kristen has been a huge help (i.e. taking and picking Jackson up from daycare, bringing him to visit me, cleaning floors at our house without being asked, watching Jackson so Clint can get things done, etc) and my mom came in this past weekend and helped with a lot of things, but Clint has really risen to the challenge too. My mom even commented on how impressed she was with how well Clint was keeping up with things.

Clint is working 40+ hours in four days every week and keeping up with dishes, feeding Jackson, trying to visit me as often as he can, keeping up with the yard, the grocery shopping, the laundry, and I'm sure the list goes on. We may rename him SuperDad! God Bless him and my sister for everything they are doing right now to make life as normal and easy for Jackson as they can.

Jackson seems to be adjusting well overall. He knows that right now I am staying at the hospital. He comes to see me everyday. Clint says he has some moments before bed when he really misses me and gets a little upset, but otherwise he is doing well. He told me that last night, Jackson stopped half way through the second book (you always have to read Jackson two books before bed) and told Clint,"I'm done. I wish mommy would come home. I think I need to cry." But after that he did fine. I think maybe I'll have him and Clint stay with me one night this weekend. Mommy may need it more than Jackson does!

All in all, so proud of my guys. Clint may regret that he has had to let on to how independent he can be though :) I think one of the positives of this major life change right now, is that Clint and Jackson are getting some really good father/son bonding and that may be more important than ever in the coming months. Love these guys with all my heart and can't wait to be home with them again even if home is going to be more chaotic than ever! (Maybe I can get Clint to do a blog post of life from his perspective right now, but I won't hold my breath!)

No comments:

Post a Comment