Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Swimmng Lessons

Jackson started swimming lessons this afternoon with his Aunt Kiki. He is in class with his best friend John and another friend Jace. They go twice a week for 4 weeks. He ws so excited and had the best time! All the boys loved it. Mine is still fearless!

Jackson and Aunt Kiki

Jackson and John trying out the backstroke.

He seemed to enjoy the songs, bubble blowing and jumping off the side. Kristen (a.k.a. Kiki) said they were "scooping ice cream" to learn to do the arm movements and the swim instructor came and asked Jackson what his favorite kind of ice cream was. When Jackson didn't answer, Kristen told the guy, "Soy ice cream since he's allergic to milk and that's the only kind he can have." (so sad). She said the guy turned to Jackson and replied, "Well then scoop me a big bowl of soy ice cream, not that I would want to try that!" Poor Jackson, but since he doesn't know any different, he loves it.

I wish I was getting in with him this year, but I was grateful to go watch today's session. He'll have a blast and it will give him something to tell me about when he comes to see me at the hospital (not that he is ever at a loss for words).

Speaking of the hospital, it has been decided that my sentence starts Friday. As boring as it's going to be, I'm hoping for a long sentence (at LEAST 6 1/2 weeks, plus c-section recovery time, and 8 1/2 would be fine too). Only one contraction today on the tocolytic monitor and my cervix was still over 4 cm! My OB told me last week that anything over 4 cm is excessive. I will definitely take excessive.

Time to get packing!

1 comment:

  1. Your body is doing a great job ... YOU are doing a great job! Keep it up ... I know how hard a long hospital stay will be on you and your husband (and son!!), BUT it will be worth it. I pray that you are there a LONG time!! Keep reminding yourself: The longer you are in the hospital before the babies are born, the shorter their stay in the NICU after they are born!!

    ReplyDelete