So . . .didn't see my OB today, instead I am sitting in antepartum at the hospital. I have been here since 9 am and it is now 5:50 pm. These are going to be some LOOOONG days comin' up. I should only be here until tomorrow this time.
They have me here for observation because I reacted to the steriods last night. The potential side effects of the steriod shots are contractions, hot flashes, skin reddening, sleeping disturbances, and bleeding (if cervix starts to dilate). I of course had all symptoms, except bleeding (thank the Lord). I had contractions off and on all night long and called my high risk doctor this morning. He sent me straight to antepartum. Of course by the time I got here my contractions had stopped, but they had to give me my second dose of steriods this morning and want to monitor me overnight for contractions with this dose. I've had a few since the injections, but very far between. Last night they didn't start until after midnight though. The doctors really feel like it is a typical reaction to the steriods and I will go home in the morning, but we're playing it safe.
I've been tired today from lack of sleep last night. I've dozed off and on all day, but everytime I start to fall asleep someone comes in with medicine or to check vitals. AAAHHH! Oh well, I know it's for the best. I got one decent nap this afternoon, so that's good. I may go stir crazy when I come for my extended stay on the inside, but I suppose I'll live. I know I've been spending all my time at home anyway, but there are at least a couple of rooms there to travel between and it's home.
Hope to be back at home tomorrow for at least a little while longer. Pray for less contractions tonight and a good report in the morning!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment