Jackson really seemed to enjoy the company too. He really took to the girls, but couldn't quite seem to say Allegra's name. He called her "Awegra" or some variation there of all weekend.
Now for the most exciting part of the weekend: I got a pass to leave the hospital on Saturday and went home for a couple of hours to have homemade lasagna and hang out with all of these wonderful people. Jackson was so excited when I walked through the door. He exclaimed,"Momma you came back to my house." I did tell him that I would have to leave again and when I did leave he tried to come with me, but I convinced him to stay and keep Granna company. It was great to be in the comfort of my own home even if just for a brief time. I had some difficulty leaving though (got a little emotional).
Amanda, Jackie and Allegra
Today, all the company left. Mom apparently made several meals that Clint is going to bring me (yay, a break from hospital food) and ran a couple of errands for me. I loved seeing everyone, though I will be honest, it does wear me out a little. Gotta learn to pace myself. And tonight, I get to go over the park across the street from the hospital for an hour or so with Clint, Jackson and some friends that are bringing us dinner. I will just sit, but it will be nice to be outside and watch Jackson play. All in all a great weekend. I will admit that I get a little teary eyed when I think of the long week to come, but I am grateful for the weekend.
On to the next excitement: one of my best friend's, Kelly, is upstairs (one floor) in labor and delivery right now. She is having a baby boy (her second), for her sake I hope today. I may go up and see her when she gets settled in with epidural and everything since I have wheelchair privileges to go to other floors. Can't wait to meet the new addition to her family!Now for a quick baby/mommy update: I am continuing to do very well. I am getting tired very easily, but overall I feel good. I have finally gotten a few stretch marks (I knew it was inevitable) but they are not that bad yet. I have had a few more contractions over the last few days (but they are easy to get under control and seem to have slowed way down again today) and my blood pressure got high one night and scared the nurse, but within a few minutes of laying down everything was perfect again and I haven't had anymore problems. They are doing ultrasounds every other day. All babies still look good. On Friday (26 weeks 3 days) they did a growth check and measured my cervix. Cervix continues to be over 4 cm long and babies continue to look great. They appear to be big and strong. They range from the 86th percentile to the 100th percentile for size (and those numbers are based on a singleton pregnancy). Estimated weights are as follows:
Baby Girl "A": 2 lbs 3 oz
Baby Boy "B": 2 lbs 8 oz
Baby Girl "C": 2 lbs 2 oz
Baby Boy "D": 2 lbs 3 oz
That's right folks, add it up . . . 9 lbs of baby already!! Clint and I also did a tour of the NICU on Friday. The tiny babies are a little overwhelming, but I know they will be well taken care of in there. We saw one baby that was 2 lbs 10 oz. Hard to believe that all of our babies are already close to that size. While giving us a tour, they realized that they have a room that can be closed off that accomodates 4 babies, so they are thinking that it may be a good place to put these little ones so they are close together. Also, if they need a less stimulating environment, they may still be able to be together in that room, because it can be closed off from the rest of the unit.
Belly update 26 weeks 4 days
Overall, lots to be thankful for and happy about! Can't believe all the blessings that are in our lives! Thanks to everyone who dropped by, brought books, made phone calls or sent a care package (a friend sent a package with hospital goodies and even a nerf basketball hoop for Jackson for the hospital room!) I didn't mention everyone by name, but you know who you are! I love and cherish each of you for your friendship and support.



Awesome news Jackie, I've been thinking of you (Clint/Jackson/babies) & praying for all of you. You are doing amazing! I so want to come see you but am recovering from surgery myself. I'll try to give you a call to check on you this week.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Charlie