We had a good Father's Day weekend. I wish I could say that I did something spectacular for my husband, but being under modified house arrest and having significantly less energy doesn't lend itself well to grand gestures. I did have a card and a children's Father's Day book for Jackson to present to Clint, but that was all.
My mom was here returning Jackson. It is so good to have him home, but also so exhausting. I really rested well with him off at Granna and Poppo's last week. He still goes to daycare everyday, but it's amazing how much a two year old can wear you out in a couple hours even with help here! So much energy, but so much fun to be around! He has been exerting a little stubborn independence and control since he's been home, but he's 2.
Mom helped us get the new items from the shower stored and organized and she did some grocery shopping for us and made me few snack items that I enjoy for this week. Clint's mom dropped by too with some bacon, sausage and pork chops that are fresh from the farm! We are in pretty good shape I guess!
Clint and Jackson put together our second crib that was given to us. We do have to wait on some replacement hardware due to the big recent recall, but otherwise that is going well. It was quite funny to watch them work. Jackson thought he was such a big boy and was insisting on putting screws in himself and using the alan wrench to tighten them. When Clint would say, "Let me just make sure it's tight." Jackson would reply, "I'll make sure!" What would be do without Jackson to take care of things for us. Actually, mom and I cracked up at one point this weekend, because we heard a crash in the backyard and Jackson said," What was that noise?" I told him it was just daddy and Raider (the dog) and he said in a very exasperated tone, almost as if to indicate that he has to take care of everything around here, " (Sigh) I better go check on them!"
Clint and Jackson. Watching a movie together on Father's Day.
On Father's Day, my husband was cleaning floors and picking up to get ready for the week. I guess that's the life of a father whose wife is incubating a litter! He was really good natured about it. In the evening, we took Jackson to see Toy Story 3. He loved it and at the end announced, " That was a GREAT movie!" So, in closing, thank you to my wonderful, caring husband. He is a great father to Jackson and though he is still a little shell shocked by the number of kids on the way (he never wanted such a big family, let alone an instant big family) he is going to be a great father to all of these kiddos too! We love you Clint:)



No comments:
Post a Comment