Last week (at 22 weeks) I saw my OB. I was measuring at 37 weeks! Wow! Echocardiogram from last week came back completely unremarkable, so my heart is officially all clear. I have to say that if I could compare the way I feel to any animal, it would be an elephant right now! You know how elephants just kind of lumber side to side at they move, that's how I feel. If I feel that way now, I can't imagine what 2 or 4 or even 8 more weeks will bring! I am still doing well overall. I am having some pubic symphysis pain. It's not severe right now, but I'm hoping it doesn't get worse because I have heard that separation of the pubic symphysis is very painful!
Belly Update Picture: 22 weeks 6 days
I have been increasingly tired over the last week and am noticing a few more contractions. Still not too many I think and not strong ones. My high risk doctor told me that as long as I had 5 or less an hour, we were in good shape. I monitored for an hour the other day and counted 4, so it's inching up, but still within acceptable limits. I see him this Wednesday, so we'll see what he thinks then. I'm really hoping to stay home through next weekend. I would like to watch fireworks on the 4th! I'm kind of a firework fanatic and have never missed 4th of July fireworks! Plus watching Jackson watch fireworks is priceless and I don't want to wait another year to see this again (I've already waited a year since the last 4th of July). Even his first 4th of July at 8 1/2 months old, Jackson was mesmerized. He didn't fall asleep until we got home even though he was so tired, he watched every firework with awe and amazement. It was a very precious evening! Wonder what these four will think of fireworks next year?!
(8 1/2 months old; 2008)
20 months old: At the 4th of July parade 2009
Me and Jackson watching the parade
I have finally given into reading books (which I really do love). I have finished 6 books in the last 16 days! It keeps me on the couch which is a good thing!
My dad is here this week and will take Jackson back home with him next weekend. He had to bring my brother for freshman orientation and so dad is staying the entire week to help with a few tasks including helping Clint build a storage shed. My mom is meeting him here next weekend for the 4th and to pick dad and Jackson up. So blessed by family! One of my biggest blessings right now is my sister Kristen. She has been a saint, taking and picking Jackson up from daycare everyday, hanging out until Clint gets home (which is often not until 7 pm), doing dishes, going to the grocery store and cleaning my floors and bathrooms! I don't know what we would do without her! Keep up the prayers and I will update after my appointment on Wednesday!



Looking good!! So glad your sister has been able to help you out ... she is doing a great thing to help these babies stay in as long as possible! Can't wait to celebrate viability next week!! Keep reading on the couch! :)
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! So happy for you. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about your little family and say a little prayer. By the way, you look great!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys. Suzy - how are you recovering?
ReplyDeleteBrandie - I appreciate the look great comment, I don't think I'm going to have clothes to cover my belly much longer though!
Jackie, it was so good to see you the other day. Sorry I have not made it by more often. I am going to try to get those books I promised to you by this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed reading your blog, but just now figured out how I could comment on here:)
I think you are doing amazing. I admire your attitude and strength. Hope you get your wish to spend the 4th at home:)
Wow Jackie, I bet you are going to have some BIG babies! I measured at 48 weeks the day I delivered at 30 weeks with Five in there! But I'm also taller than you and I guess maybe had a longer torso? Anyway..I think you are doing so so awesome! I'm so proud of you and we are still praying for ALL of you! I'll definately come visit you in the hospital when you get there and try to pass some time with you. I'll bring Briley! And...I'll bring those scrapbooks that we never got around to looking at together!
ReplyDeletedoing great Jackie, hang in there. You all are so blessed. I am truly happy for you both.
ReplyDeletethanks for keeping us all updated.