Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flying High And Fast

I'm talking about military jets of course! We went to a huge air show today (this is the reason we came to Granna and Poppo's this weekend). We've been planning to attend for a whole year (yes, we planned an air show that far in advance). About this time last year we were talking about how much fun it would be to take Jackson to a Blue Angel show and so dad and I looked up the next one that would be close by. When we found the date, we marked it on the calendar and I have been waiting in breathless anticipation ever since. Seriously! I love air shows and I REALLY love the Blue Angels.

When I was a little girl, I used to watch the Blue Angels with my dad and my dream at that time was to one day become the first woman Blue Angel pilot (I'm pretty sure someone else has already done this by now). I'm not sure the Navy would have tolerated me well, so it's probably best that this particular childhood dream did not materialize, plus I have terrible eyesight, so I might have been out from the get go anyway.

I couldn't wait to take Jackson to his first Blue Angel show! Not only did we see Blue Angels today, but there were lots of other planes too! Everyone went: babies, me, Clint, Jackson, Poppo, Granna, Jacob and Kiki.


We had a great time. The Blue Angels were the grand finale and they were just as awesome as I remembered. The whole experience kind of took me back to that magical childhood feeling of awe and wonder! You can't beat it.

Clint and I were terrible at capturing pictures of the Angels as they blew by at 400+ miles an hour, but Jacob came to the rescue and got some good shots for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment