The other day, he actually came to me when I was about to feed solid foods to the girls and told me, “I will feed Kynlee, you feed Brooklyn.” I’m not kidding, he actually asked to do this, so I let him try. Needless to say, it was not very successful, but he did get her to take a couple of bites. At one point he needed to go to the bathroom and he told me, “Do not feed Kynlee all her food while I am gone.” I fed her more than was acceptable to him and got in a little trouble. He had food all over her face and when I told him to wait until she opened her mouth to put the bite in, he told me, “That’s the way you do it, but I do it this way.” Shortly after that he decided to move on to other things and I finished feeding Kynlee. The whole thing really cracked me up and Kynlee was quite tolerant of it.
That same day, before he left to find something more fun to do, he stopped by Brooklyn in her high chair, leaned his head against hers and said, “It’s okay Brooklyn, your big brother loves you and I will protect you always. I will protect all of my babies always.” I could not have witnessed a sweeter moment. We’ll see if he still feels so deeply for them when they start crawling and getting into all of his things!
He really does want them to be happy though and will even pass out his own toys to them to make them happy. He has given them trains, dinosaurs, superheros, etc. The dinosaur really did make Brooklyn happy one day because it was soft and she could chew on it. Never underestimate the instincts of a big brother.
He tries to involve them in his games too. Just a couple of days ago, he was playing on the couch (after removing all of the back pillows). He informed Jessica and I that he was “playing a SERIOUS game” and shortly after that, he insisted that the babies get on the couch with him to play the “serious” game too. I never did quite figure out the object of this game, but everyone played and they seemed to do it correctly, or at least he didn’t say otherwise. Basically they all had to get on the couch with him and I had to take pictures.
The "serious game." (You can see a little of the new kitchen in the background)
He frequently requests that we make the babies “get” him too. Which is basically one of us putting a baby close to him like they are going to tackle him and then he acts like they are really going to get him and screams, then laughs.
The babies enjoy him as much he enjoys them. Brooklyn especially loves Jackson (this scares me a little). They think he is SOOOO funny. When I think he’s being obnoxious, they think he’s hysterical! He can always make them laugh and smile, even sometimes when I can’t. The only thing they don’t like is when he growls or roars like a lion, monster, dinosaur or other large loud animal. This scares them, but everything else he does is quite comical as far as they are concerned.
Jackson making Kynlee crack up!
I love watching these interactions, but I also fear the things they may all find funny to do together here in another couple of years. It could get hairy!



No comments:
Post a Comment