Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Seaworld!

I think it is time to dedicate a post to the little guy that currently brings us so much joy (and exasperation). Clint and I feel so blessed to be Jackson's parents. He is such an active, fun and vivacious child. There is never a dull moment at our house. He is constantly making us laugh through his actions or through the surprising things he tells us. Although recently I will admit that he often makes me want to pull my hair out with his stubborness and naughtiness, he always makes up for it later with a very sweet moment.

Currently, Jackson's number one occupation in life is to see if he can jump off of the highest object he can find and land on his feet. He nearly gives me a heart attack everyday, but surprisingly enough, my very agile 2 1/2 year old usually does land on his feet! We took him to San Antonio this weekend for a last family getaway before bedrest and chaos ensue and at one point he jumped off a wall that was taller than him and landed on his feet!

We had a fun filled family weekend in San Antonio. It started Thursday night with the Spurs vs. Mavs playoff game (the Spurs won the playoff series that night which made Clint VERY happy)! We pulled into town just in time to take our seats before tip off. Jackson was not thrilled with the noise level at first, but by the end of the game he was yelling "GO SPURS GO!" and "DEFENSE!" right along with all the other rowdy fans.






Thursday night after the game, we got to our hotel at almost 11 pm and immediately went to bed. We told Jackson that he had to go right to sleep so we could see Shamu the next day. So, when Clint and I got in bed and started talking about our plan for the morning, we heard a little voice coming from the pack n' play "DON'T TALK, DON'T TALK. WE HAVE TO GO TO SLEEP." I'm pretty sure that was a first. Too bad Shamu can't help us convince him to go to bed every night. At Seaworld on Friday, Jackson could not wait to see Shamu. We did not however, sit in the splash zone. A dolphin had barely splashed him earlier in the day and he was very upset. He really liked the Sea Lions (one blew him a kiss) and I was pleasantly surprised when he was willing to feed fish to the dolphins! He likes to tell people how the dolphin splashed him and he had to lay on his belly to feed them. He had a great time. I really think his favorite though was the giant aquarium with the coral reef. He loves all the colorful fish.


Last, but not least was the Wildlife reserve on Saturday. It was one of those places that you drive through and feed the animals from your car. We started with the small petting zoo and then went on the "safari". The only animal that scared Jackson was the ostrich (they were kind of mean). I wish everyone could hear him tell the story about the ostrich with the really long neck that flipped his head over, stuck it in our car and bit his hand (it really did bite his hand). It's really funny to listen to him tell it. He loved feeding the animals and except for the ostrich, he was not shy or scared to let them eat right out of his hand!

Jackson hugging the pot bellied pig at the petting zoo.

Kissing the Zebra (or as Jackson calls it, the zwebra). At one point I think 3 Zebras all had their heads in the car at once!

We finished off our trip with a stroll down the river walk and dinner at a fabulous Mexican restaurant ( I think it was called Mi Tierra). Clint ordered a margarita which I will admit I was very jealous of! I took a small taste, big mistake, it just made me want one more!

We spent our evenings swimming in the hotel pool where we discovered, much to our dismay, that Jackson no longer has even a mild, healthy fear of water. He was paddling his arms and legs and begging us to let him go so he could do it "All by myself!" He jumped from the pool wall repeatedly, often without warning while encouraging us to back up "Just a little farther." Even though he was shivering before we got out both nights, we had force him out. He has talked non-stop since, of going to the pool. I guess we need to make some plans to go with his aunts up to the leisure pool at the college. Gotta enjoy some fun in the sun with my little man before the doctor tells me I'm stuck at home (or worse, in the hospital).

It was a great weekend, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect mini-vacation. Every moment with my guys made me remember how blessed I am and how much God has already given me.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I am glad you had a great time. Granna loves you Jackson! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete