Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Organizing, Baby Shower and a Trip to the ER

This pretty much sums up my weekend, but don't worry, the ER trip was not for me or Jackson, it was for Clint and he is fine!
My mom came to town on Saturday to help begin organizing and planning the layout of the nursey. This was a very overwhelming task and I did cry/laugh at one point because I didn't know where to begin. Our house is not very big and thanks to so many generous people, baby stuff has been flowing in (and there will be so much more to come), but it was beginning to feel like an insurmountable task as I gazed at the mountains of stuff! Mom took charge though and after discussing several plans (some of which failed), I think we are on the right track. It took, my mom and my two sisters helping organize and sort baby clothes/gear and a trip to Target where I felt like we cleaned them out of storage containers, but the room is really starting to look like a nursery! There is still a long way to go, but I know that my amazing family will help make it all happen. My dad comes one weekend soon to help Clint put up a storage shed and to help with a closet organization task. Did I mention that I have the best parents in the world!
Carseats and bases lined up being cleaned outside (that's a lot of carseats!)


The nursery coming together. There will be a second crib next to the shelves where the box and swing are now.

Sunday was more organizing (don't worry, I spent most of my time in a chair while others organized), then a baby shower for a very good friend of mine. I was so happy to get to attend this shower. I still want to be a part of the special events in friend's lives even though mine feels so chaotic right now. It was a beautiful shower and when I got home, I thought I would rest and relax, but about 30 minutes later we were out the door to the ER.

Clint was replacing our garbage disposal and trying to loosen a stubborn attachment with a hammer when a piece of plastic flew into his eye. So, we of course were worried about a cornea tear or something equally as painful. He was in a lot of pain as mom drove us to the ER. He kept saying it felt like something was in his eye, but no one could see anything. Finally, right as the doctor was about to check for scratches or damage, Clint blinked and said, "Something fell out of my eye." We all looked and there was a piece of plastic about the size of the end of his pinkie finger laying in his hand. The doctor took one look at it and said he had never seen something that big come out of an eye (that you couldn't see stuck in there) and then told Clint," Well, you are going to have one hell of a scratch." However, after examing his eye, the doctor was shocked to see that there was no damage, just irritation. He put Clint on antibiotic eye drops and told him to follow up with his optomitrist if he had any problems (and to wear safety goggles when doing household projects). Everyone was shocked that he hadn't really injured his eye. I guess God was protecting Clint's vision yesterday. Maybe He figures he has given us plenty to deal with for right now:) It's a good thing his vision was spared, because today he had to fix a toilet at our house too! I guess it's always something!


The piece of plastic that came out of Clint's eye compared to the tip of an eraser. That thing was in his eye for almost an hour and half and somehow no one could find it!


As always, Jackson spent the weekend entertaining us. He climbed into and got stuck in a baby walker at one point. Much to Clint's dismay, he has been carrying around a doll for the last day too. We found my old cabbage patch doll Winnie Ennie (dressed in pink I might add) and Jackson loves her. He talks about being sweet to the baby and and loving the baby and putting the baby to sleep. Clint is ready for him to put the baby down, but it makes me feel better that he seems to want to care of the baby, so I am not going to discourage it. I will say that he did make the baby do a couple flips, so that may not be a good sign, but otherwise . . . I asked him if he loved the baby and he told me,"I wuv (love) Winnie Ennie. I don't tell her no." I guess that means his definition of love is not saying "NO," poor kid probably feels like no one loves him! His other gem for the weekend was when mom asked if he would like to come stay at her house for a little bit (he might go in a couple weeks) and he replied, "Just for a wittle bit. I pretty busy. I pretty busy around my house." I'm not sure what it is exactly that he has to accomplish, but it MUST be important! When mom left today he told her, "I reawy (really) gonna miss you Granna." Me too Jackson, we love Granna!

Well, I think that covers the exciting and productive weekend at the Hacker house! Keep praying that I can stay out of the hospital when I see my doctor on Wednesday. I have been sleeping better the last few nights with the help of the prescription he gave me and I am trying to do a lot less. Tomorrow I will be totally lazy (Jackson at daycare and Clint at work) so I should be well rested on Wednesday. I'm willing to go on house arrest, but I would like to stay home a little longer. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, I can't believe that piece of plastic didn't do any damage! Good thing since you need him in tip-top shape to wait on you hand and foot right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie we love you too! I remember a time when all of you found it difficult to love mom and dad. Its good that time takes care of those things and we get over being told "no"! Wink, wink. I will work on the nursery stuff this weekend! Hug Jackson for me!

    ReplyDelete