Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Results Are In

The results have actually been in for a little over a week, but we left for our big Seaworld trip the day after the ultrasound so I'm just getting to this now. Drum roll please . . .
IT'S TWO GIRLS AND TWO BOYS!
The ultrasound tech was very excited because they are positioned every other one which is going to help her keep track of who is who when they are measuring and checking things. And I was excited because this makes sleeping arrangements as they get older much more managable (I'm always thinking about the practicalities, I can't help it!)
Everything looks great so far. No problems with babies or with me. My thyroid levels were fine this time. My blood pressure is a little high, but that is to be expected with so many babies because the blood volume increases so much more. They are going to watch it, but the important thing is that I am feeling good. Cervical length is still nice and long and that is also a very good thing! My uterus was already measuring the size of a 24 week single pregnancy and I was only 14 weeks! Basically, so far this a healthy, "normal" quadruplet pregnancy. Next week (at 16 weeks) they will start my weekly progesterone shots. These will hopefully keep the uterus relaxed to avoid contractions as it stretches.
I have been having some mild achy cramping off and on this week that lasts for a while once it starts. It happened at work both times a little after lunch, but once I laid down for 15-20 minutes it stopped. My boss wants to consider shortening my days, she thinks maybe it's too many consecutive hours and she may be right. So, I guess we'll be looking at that for this next week. I only have 4 weeks of work left before I am ordered to stay home anyway! I may go stir crazy!
I will not make you wait any longer. Here are the newest ultrasound pictures at 14 weeks. They are the 3D pics and there are 2 babies in each.


Baby boy "B" is on the left and Baby girl "A" is on the right. They are directly face to face like they are telling secrets. Baby boy "B" was moving a lot during this ultrasound. I'm afraid he is going to be a lot like his older brother!


Baby girl "C" on the left and Baby boy "D" on the right (upside down). Also face to face.
Next are belly pictures that some have requested. People are curious how quickly you grow when you are carrying four. The answer is pretty quickly. They might be more dramatic if I did the bare belly pictures, but oh well, you'll have to live with this. I seem to grow over night!


11 weeks 1 day

Just for comparison this was me between 21 and 22 weeks when I was pregnant with Jackson.

Last night at 15 weeks 1 day (I would say that I am currently the size I was with Jackson between 24 and 26 weeks)

Overall, everything is going well. I have started to feel the babies move. I am not feeling them consistently or even everyday, though today babies "C" and "D" have thumped me gently several times each. I suddenly feel an overwhelming need to accomplish lots of things, but I am taking it easy too, especially when I have had some cramping. Ultrasounds always make me excited about these four little blessings that I am currently growing, but then as time goes on between ultrasounds I get a little worried and sometimes even sad again. It's still very overwhelming. Mostly I get sad when I think about the things I will not be able to do with Jackson soon like going to the park, swimming, and putting him to bed (one of the things I treasure and enjoy, at least when he is not being difficult!) I know that it is only a temporary change, but there are major permanent changes ahead too. I am trying to stay positive and I have accepted the challenges that are ahead, but I can't say that I embrace them with open arms everyday. I'm sure pregnancy hormones don't help with the up and down emotions either:)

This week my prayer request is for myself and Clint, that we may continue to fully embrace this amazing journey that God has called us to. God bless each of you and thank you for the continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment