We started weekly progesterone injections yesterday. I planned to do them myself, but they have to go in my posterior hip and the nurse is worried that I won't be able to see well enough to do it. She asked if my husband would do it for me and I promptly told her no! (Clint later confirmed that I was correct in this assumption). Fortunately my very good friend Whitney was with me (she offered to come when Clint couldn't make it and she wanted to see the babies), so she offered to give me the injections. I think on the weeks I have doctor's appointments I will just take them with me and she will only have to do them on the off weeks.
I did have a fun encounter yesterday. While at the high risk doctor I ran into a woman that I kind of know (he also does routine ultrasounds for several of the OB's in town). She sits directly behind us at the Tech football games and has for I think 5 years now. When we were doing our fertility treatments I ran into her several times at the clinic and I had been wondering whether or not she was also pregnant. Well, it turns out she is and her due date is the day before mine (though we will definitely deliver before her). I told her I had been thinking about her and wondering if she had gotten pregnant. She said yes and then said "I guess you did too." I told her "Yes, I'm having four" to which her mouth dropped open and I am sure she muttered something unintelligible (as most people do when they first hear). Then I asked, " How many are you having?" Turns out she is just having one! The receptionist was laughing and told me she was so sorry, but even though she already knew about the quads, it was just funny to hear me say it so casually (and I think also to watch someone elses reaction). She said, " You just sound like you are taking it in stride." I replied, "What else are you going to do?" Anyway, the other pregnant woman and I exchanged info so we could keep up with each other. I was really excited to hear that she was pregnant too!
I am still feeling nervous, but very blessed too! Almost on a daily basis someone tells me that they have a baby item that I can have or borrow or that they know someone that is getting rid of their baby stuff and wants to donate it to us. I don't actually have too much at my house yet, but promises of lots of things we need (though I know there are still many, many more needs). I do already have a second infant car seat and a lot of little boy clothes from very generous people! Every little thing feels like another small chink in accomplishing the monstrous task that lies ahead. I even had a very good friend (Whitney, mentioned above), who told me yesterday that she had contacted formula and diaper companies for us to find out about discounts and how to get them. My friends and family are the best and I just want to say thank you to everyone that has already helped in some small way or has promised to help whether it's a meal, the promise of helping with babies, offering to throw showers, offering their old baby stuff or simply praying fervently! I can't even begin to describe the gratitude that I feel. And to those who have asked what we need (in terms of volunteers or stuff), I don't entirely know yet, but we're working on it. We may not really and truly know until these little ones are here.
One last thank you to my wonderful husband who sent me the most beautiful bouquet of Irises and Stargazer Lillies on Tues while I was at work. They were a belated Mother's Day surprise! I love Stargazer Lillies, they haven't all opened up yet, but I can't wait until they do. I had Stargazer Lillies in my wedding bouquet, though Clint will admit that he did not remember this or pick them on purpose. I am so blessed and I love him so very much for his thoughtfulness, his care, his concern and for the rock that he continues to be through all of this (though I do wish that he would start committing to some baby names, but that's another story). It's time to say good night. I have a sweet little boy to put to bed who has managed to luck into staying up past his bedtime tonight!



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you!! I don't know you personally but learned of your miracles from my daughter. I have had my church family praying for delivery of 4 healthy babies. I will continue to keep that prayer going until all babies are safe and healthy.
ReplyDeletePretty flowers. Nicely done Clint even if it was accidental. Those Lillies have another name. I can't think of it right now but they smell so beautiful. Remember at your wedding how the smell was so strong in the bridal room that day after the flowers were delivered? That was a great day and you have so many more to look forward to. I remember watching you and Clint as you kind of fell into a world that the rest of us weren't even part of and yet were priveleged to witness. I am thankful that you found him. Don't tell him that!! He will use it against me somehow. Love you Mom
ReplyDeleteStargazers! That's what those Lillies are called.
ReplyDelete