Jackson requested a Halloween themed birthday party this year . . . so of course we pulled out the tricks and treats and had a party! Granna, Poppo, Mamaw, Aunt Jessica, Uncle Brian, Aunt Kiki, Uncle Jacob and Aujehl were all able to make it, as well as several sweet little friends. We shipped the babies off to Aunt Kiki's with a babysitter so Jackson could enjoy a big boy only party!! The kids had a great time, but I learned that if you have more than two boys between 4 and 5 years old in a room . . . it turns into one GIANT wrestling match. Seriously, every activity for the first 45 minutes to an hour turned into a wrestling match. Fortunately, the one girl that came was a little late and missed Wrestle Mania!
We'll just hit the highlights, but we had an awesome time! There was mummy wrapping, a spider web maze, "smoking" witches brew and Monster cupcake decorating! The boys had a blast and honestly so did I! I love birthdays. There's no need to gush on and on like I did with Jackson's birthday post, so on to the pictures of our Frighteningly good time!
 |
| Granna's Monster cupcakes, these were the examples for later! |
 |
| All the sweet goodies to make our ghouls |
 |
| The spread, witches brew and all. I'm not sure I got any pictures of our "Mummy dogs" but they were really cute too! |
|
 |
| Granna's handy work. Cantaloupe Jack 'O Lanterns on our fruit tray. |
 |
| The spiderweb maze. At the end of every string was a small prize, this took quite a while for the kiddos (and adults) to get through! |
 |
| Mummy wrapping |
 |
| Our finished Mummies |
 |
| The "Monster Mash" where all the wrappings broke free! After this was over, we played "Stuff the ghost and the boys put all the trash in a white trash bag which we hung up as our ghost! |
 |
| Aunt Kiki, the candy corn! |
 |
| Wrestling! |
 |
| Spider Web maze in action! |
 |
| Jackson |
 |
| Decorating cupcakes |
 |
| Jackson with his finished cupcake! |
 |
| Caleb with his "monster" |
 |
| Jantzen's sweet treat! |
 |
| Jace's creepy cupcake! |
 |
| Not sure which is sweeter, Kate or her cupcake!! |
 |
| John . . . well, his cupcake was awesome, but it was also ALL over him! I kept finding icing on him, even on his back. Still not sure how he did this! |
 |
| Close up of the Birthday Boy's cupcake. Note that is symmetrical, as is everything that Jackson creates. I loved his cupcake! |
 |
| Mommy and Daddy have him a big boy bike for his birthday! |
 |
| Learning to cruise! |
I could have posted a zillion more pictures! We had the best time (did I already say that ;-) Love this boy and so glad he has amazing friends and family to celebrate with!
No comments:
Post a Comment