Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We had the BEST Halloween ever this year!  I was little worried that our fun was going to be ruined by what I lovingly referred to as "the plague."  But Halloween dawned happy, bright and "plague" free.  Between, our family of seven, we were sick for two whole weeks prior to Halloween.  We usually spend it with some very good friends of ours, but since I wasn't sure we were going to be well, we planned to do it alone this year (that way we could pick and choose who participated or just take them 1 or 2 houses if they were still just not up to full speed.)  It ended up being a total success.

We went to neighborhood down the street where a family puts on a HUGE Halloween shindig complete with games/prizes, a walk in pirate ship, free popcorn and hot chocolate and more!!  We stopped by just to see the chaos and fun, then went on our way.  I thought the little ones wouldn't last long, but boy was I wrong.  There were tons of kids out and about and my little people were excited to be in the thick of it.  Jackson and Clint ended up running ahead with some neighbors of ours so Jackson could trick or treat with a friend, while Kiki and I moved at a slightly slower pace with the four little "Things."  That was a hint as to what they were for Halloween ;-)

Jackson came home exclaiming what a good time he had and I was full of excitement over the fun the little ones had had.  We didn't take the stroller or wagon or anything and I was worried this was a mistake, but it turned out fine.  Kiki and I did carry the girls for the better part of the night, but the boys walked the WHOLE time, almost an hour and a half.  They LOVED it.  Once they realized what was being put in their sacks, they couldn't wait to knock on more doors.  Gage learned to say, "Tick Teet" but he would only say it when running between houses, never at a door.  Westin walked right up and put his bag out for candy.  The girls did want to be carried, but they would get down at houses for candy.  Towards the end, both girls finally got down and started running with the boys.  At this point, Brooklyn started digging through the candy bowls at every house to fill her bag with as much candy as possible while the owners were distracted putting candy in her sister's and brothers' bags . . . smart girl, fortunately people thought this was hysterical!  When we got home, she proceeded to fill the rest of her bag from our trick or treat candy!   They would all get upset when we passed a house where there were trick or treaters.  They wanted to visit every single one!!  They had the time of their lives and so did I.  I'm a little disappointed that  I didn't get to see Jackson have fun, but he had his daddy and there's always next year. . .

So, what did my group dress up as?  Well, it was a themed Halloween for us.  Jackson picked the theme ( I tweaked a little, but the idea was definitely his!  Jackson was the "Cat in the Hat" and the little ones were "Things 1, 2, 3 and 4"  (in birth order of course).  It was awesome!  This may go down in history as my favorite costumes of all time, though in all fairness, there are a lot of Halloween's left, so we'll see!
Brooklyn, Gage, Jackson, Kynlee and Westin . . . and yes they kept those wigs on ALL NIGHT!!  They were made out of maribou feather boas and they were hysterical!!

Gage and Westin by our Jack O Lanterns

Kynlee

Brooklyn

Jackson



Gage and Jackson, my two little hams, I LOVE this picture!

Kynlee and Westin

Aunt Kiki with Brooklyn

Trick or Treating

Brooklyn digging in early

The cat with two of his things!

Westin

Jackson and his buddy Caleb

Our trick or treating crew (minus Daddy, somebody had to take the picture)

The awesome Pirate ship I mentioned

Brooklyn and Westin supplementing their candy bags as soon as we got home!

Everyone else joined in too!  It seemed like a great idea!






We loved every minute of this evening.  It was one of those family events that makes all the chaos worth it.  I almost didn't want to put them to bed because I was enjoying the evening so much.   I couldn't wipe the silly grin off my face.  I am so blessed by these five amazing kids!!
I had to include the picture of our Jack O' Lanterns.  Jackson designed the one on the right.  Clint's it on the left!  Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment