Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, March 30, 2012

30th Birthday

So, let's face it, no one gets super excited about turning 30. I wasn't really upset about it or anything, but I wasn't hyped about it either. Turns out, it's not so bad. Last Saturday (March 24) was the big day, and it was fabulous! It started with accomplishing a goal on Friday and ended with a wonderful surprise birthday celebration on Saturday night.

About 3 weeks before my 30th birthday, I set a goal for a 5 mile run before I turned 30. I have been running since July with one small break due to some health issues in the winter, but I was having some trouble motivating myself and my farthest run at been 4 miles, so I decided to set a new goal. Friday, I achieved it with a 5 mile run on the treadmill in 48:20! At that point I figured, "how bad can 30 be. I mean I couldn't run 5 miles when I was 20!"

Saturday, was a great day. My mom and dad were in town, my sister Jessica and her husband Brian came too and then of course Kristen and Jacob live here. So, I had my whole family here! I started my birthday with Jackson's first soccer game of the season on his new team, The Dragons (which they won by the way and Jackson had 2 goals and one assist!).


After soccer, I came home, ate lunch, got a pedicure and changed my clothes to go to dinner, only to find that all my closest local friends were waiting for me at the restaurant! My wonderful husband had invited so many people that I love and gotten a cake and everything. He even planned for everyone (at least everyone that could) to go out after dinner to the piano bar for a night on the town! It was an awesome evening and I can't imagine a better way to have ushered in my 30's than with so many close friends and my family! I had a great time, though I was exhausted the next day because I just don't stay up that late anymore, but it was well worth it!


Can't wait to see what the rest of my 30's have in store!

Side Note: Birthday Quote of the Day goes to my Dad . . . "Happy Birthday Baby! I'm so excited about you getting old." I'm not even sure what this means!! But it made me laugh. And my mom told me not to worry about turning 30 because I should try having a daughter that's turning 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment