Here we are again! Today marks 2 years since we were first brought to our knees by the news of our 4 little blessings (though I seem to recall that I didn't think of them as blessings at the time). I think this date is forever going to be seared in my memory as one of great significance. I don't think a year will go by when I don't recall the feelings of March 2, 2010, or at least I hope not. Those feelings were raw and they were terrible, but they were real. It has been an amazing journey to go from such a low, terrified feeling, to such a place of joy! God has worked miracles in our lives in so many ways and He has shown us what faith, hope, love and joy really are through all 5 amazing blessings He has given us, but He really brought us to our knees 2 years ago, then He lifted us back up through a journey of faith. It's a journey I always want to remember with clarity, because let's be honest, God teaches us lessons over and over, that we truly do take to heart, but over time we tend to forget and we need a little refresher. So every year on March 2, I am going to try to get my refresher with the memories of my journey.
In addition, I want to always remember those feelings, so that when I come across another mother in a similar situation who is feeling less than positive, I can reassure her that her feelings are "normal" and it will get better. I was reassured time and again by mother's that I was lucky enough to know, that my less than desirable feelings (one's that I was sometimes not so proud of), were pretty normal given the extreme nature and extreme risk of my pregnancy, and that reassurance helped me get through some of the tougher moments.
So, as we sit here 2 year later, our babies are now 18 MONTHS OLD! WOW! They turned 18 months yesterday! So, to use a totally over used phrase, but one that is so appropriate . . . WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?! I blink and they grow; I turn around and they are bigger; I leave the room, come back and almost can't recognize them. Sometimes I feel like I can't remember them as babies because it's all been such a whirlwind roller coaster. I find myself staring at one of them sometimes, just trying to freeze the moment in time, hoping that I can force my mind to remember exactly what he or she was like in that single moment. I do it to Jackson too and he usually looks at me kind of funny when he catches me :-) Somehow, the moments always pass. You just can't hold on to them! Maybe that's why I take so many pictures (now if I could just find time to print them and get them in albums, one of the many projects that I want to accomplish!). Having four 1 year olds has been a significant challenge. I actually think much harder than four babies. They follow me and demand things, and they can be their own, independent little people, but it is also so amazing! I can't believe how blessed I am by my four tiny turkeys and their wonderful big brother. I feel certain there are more blessing to come!
Quick 18 month stats from their well check today (for mommy's records):
Brooklyn
Height: 30 inches
Weight: 21 lbs 12 oz
Gage
Height: 32 inches
Weight: 26 lbs 7 oz
Westin
Height: 31.5 inches
Weight: 22 lbs 7 oz (This is a guess because they accidentally enter 32 lbs 7 oz on his sheet, so I'm guessing the 3 was supposed to be a 2 because I KNOW that wasn't right!)
Kynlee
Height: 30.5 inches
Weight: 21 lbs 14 oz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment