Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanksgiving (Yes, I'm STILL behind)

We had a great, though very whirlwind Thanksgiving week! Okay, Clint got a long weekend, I got a week!! I ended up with the entire week off of work and it was great. My mom and dad took the kids the weekend before Thanksgiving because Clint and I were going to help his parents pack, but due to some "silent migraines" that I have been having, I ended up staying home and Clint went and helped his parents. Seriously, I was at my house all by myself for two whole days and three days without kids!! I got a lot done and it gave me some quiet time for the new medicine to start working and for me to start feeling better, plus I decorated for Christmas without "help."

On Monday, I started my trek to Granna and Poppo's to meet the kids for the Thanksgiving festivities. On the way, I stopped to share some diapers with family of newborn triplets. We have been so blessed and it was so fun to have an opportunity to given back a little and meet someone else starting out on a similar journey. They have not been as fortunate as us in the diaper and formula department (especially the formula) so I know they were so appreciative to those people who were willing to donate a few packages to help them out!

After a couple of days hanging out with dad at the house (mom had to work), we headed to the farm for Thanksgiving Day to spend it with Clint's parents. As always, much fun to be had. Jackson loves the animals and we were not disappointed, there were of course some brand new baby sheep. While Jackson was ecstatic, Kynlee was less than thrilled at being introduced to the lambs. She did not appreciate our attempts to broaden her horizons, while Brooklyn and Westin seemed to enjoy and I wasn't sure on Gage's reaction.




We had an eclectic group for Thanksgiving this year. Of course Clint's parents, his brother and his family, and then there was a man who is helping out around the farm as his parents prepare to move and some hunters from Massachusetts. Seriously, they had driven all the way down here to hunt. I guess they have come for several years and were back this year and hunting near the farm, so they took a break from stalking wild Turkeys to eat some Turkey with us. They were very nice men and it was great to have some new faces and new stories to add to the mix at dinner. So of course we had to get a picture with our new friends. . .


Maybe we'll see them again next year. Who knows.

Then on Friday, back to Granna and Poppo's to have Thanksgiving with my whole family plus our "extended family" the Cattoor's. I love when we all get together, but it won't be long before we won't all fit in one place. Our numbers already add up to 19 and only two of us 8 kids in the two families are married (and I'm the only one with kids of my own so far). Since the Cattoor kids are all a little younger than us, it'll be awhile before we are really busting at the seams, but as we all know, time flies.


Saturday, was Tech vs. Baylor at Cowboys Stadium for most of the crew while mom and I stayed home with kids and then Sunday was shopping for me with mom and Jessica.

Doesn't get much better than that!! It was a great holiday. The kids enjoyed friends, family and fun. I enjoyed and break and some extra hands as well as a lot of good food and good company. Boy do we love this time of year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment