Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

September/October Rewind Part 3: Raising of the Playground

The babies got a playground for their birthday. It was a joint gift from grandparents, mommy and daddy and some close family friends, but of course, before any fun could be enjoyed, it had to be assembled.

Granna and Poppo came down about 3 weeks after the big birthday bash (Sept 23) to help with assembly. Poppo was insistent that he needed to come help get it done, and while I felt like it was a long trip just to help put a playground up, I was really grateful because then it was scheduled and it was accomplished. I don't know what we would do without Poppo's helping hand!

Poppo estimated 8 hours I think (this may be off by a little) and Clint laughed at what he considered an unbelievably lofty goal . . . turns out Clint won this one. They started on Friday and Poppo put the finishing touches on on Monday while Clint was at work. Granted, no work was done Saturday due to Red Raider Football, but it was a solid 3 day job!

Fortunately there were LOTS of helpers (it was Poppo's idea to allow helpers to come outside, this did not last long on the first day of assembly as Mommy got tired of being the baby rounder upper).





And relaxing in the laundry basket after a hard day of work . . . who knows!?

Somehow I have yet to get pictures of the finished product or any kids playing on it (I guess there were some pictures in Jackson's birthday party post), but this kids love it and we were out there a lot until is started to get a little colder. We need to get out a little more before it gets really cold. The lack of pictures may be due to the fact that I am usually out there by myself with all five trying to keep babies from getting hit by swings or from falling off the slide they are climbing up (seriously, I looked over one day and Brooklyn had managed to climb more than 1/2 way up the slide, how I'm not sure, but she did). This is such a great addition to our backyard and we love having it!! Thanks to everyone that pitched in and a special thank you to Poppo for coming to help put it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment