Anyway, we thought maybe we would get it decorated on Saturday, no go, just didn't happen, so we settled for Saturday night after kids went to bed. We got out the lights and plugged them in to check them and two strands were HALF out, not completely out, just half. We never could figure this out. So, I sent Clint to Walmart for more white lights since it was late I didn't think anywhere else would be open. Well, Walmart only had colored lights. Not for me! So that meant waiting ANOTHER day. So finally, on Sunday night, I went to Target after kids went to bed and got white lights, came home and Clint and I decorated the tree, except for Jackson's ornaments and the new ornaments that we got for the kids this year. Monday night we let Jackson put all of his ornaments on and it wasn't until Tuesday night (Dec 6) that we put on everyone's new ornaments for this year. Actually, I think just a couple of days ago, Clint found a couple of ornaments that we forgot to put on and put those on too. See what I mean about it being a process!!
I love my tree. I doesn't have a ton of ornaments yet, but it'll fill up fast with all these kiddos. Every year each kid gets an ornament. Either something that reminds me of them or something that is symbolic of something we did as a family that year. It makes the tree very special. We did this growing up and every year putting up the tree was kind of a walk down memory lane. I still love looking at my mom's tree. Clint and I have also gotten an ornament as a couple every year since we've been married. We get an ornament for every trip we've been on together whether it's a big trip or small trip. I think the only trip we've missed getting an ornament for was our trip to Sea World with Jackson last year. I never really found one while we were there and I didn't find one when I got back that worked either. This year's ornaments are all from our beach trip back in August. It was the first time any of my kids had been to the beach and actually my first trip to the Texas coast.
Surprisingly, the four toddlers, have done really well with the tree. We don't have a lot of ornaments on the bottom part of the tree because it turns out we have a LOT of breakable ornaments, but they haven't messed with it too much. They did a little at first, but we told them no a few times and once the novelty wore off, they've pretty much left it alone. Jackson was that way with the tree at this age too. We had some friends over the other night with their 3 year old and a little boy that is a month older than my little ones and that little guy messed with the tree more in the 3 hours he was here than all four of mine have the whole month!! His mom said they can't get him to leave their alone either! I don't know what it is, but all five of my kids have always been pretty good overall (knock on wood) about leaving decorative things alone once you have told them no. Now there are plenty of time when they don't accept no for an answer, but hey, I'll take what I can get!
Loving the Christmas Season so far. Can't wait to see what the rest has in store for us!



No comments:
Post a Comment