Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, December 23, 2011

SNOW DAY!!

We LOVE snow days!! There is nothing better than a little boy shouting in joy because there is snow outside his window and he can't wait to launch a snowball! What's better than one excited little boy?. . . TWO excited little boys! We had our first snow day of the season on Monday, December 5 and we had an extra little turkey at our house to join in the fun. Jackson's friend, John had spent the night with us and was hanging out all day.


That morning, John came into my bedroom to quietly tell me that that there was snow outside Jackson's window. After we checked out the white, winter wonderland, we decided to make some breakfast. You can't have a snow day without special snow day pancakes, so Gingerbread Man and Snowflake pancakes it was! ( The Reindeer didn't turn out, I always have trouble getting the reindeer to turn out).

Our fun pancakes cooking on the griddle

The boys were impatient to get outside and start playing, but in true crazy woman form, I decided to take all four babies out in the snow too. Seriously, me and 6 kids under the age of five getting ready to go out in the snow! Needless to say, this took most of the morning. The two big boys spent the entire morning asking "when are we going outside?" (about every 5 seconds). Finally, at 11 a.m. everyone was ready to venture into the snow!! Which of course lasted about 5-7 minutes for the little ones, but the big boys played in the backyard for an hour after I took the little ones in. It was a lot of work for a few very short minutes, but it was all made worth it to see Gage run out into the snow as fast as he could to check it out and for this one brief moment of awe and wonder that passed over Brooklyn's face when she ventured out to sit in it. I wasn't able to catch the looks on either of their faces (only the faces that made when they realized they were kind of cold and uncomfortable), but I got to see it and that made it worth it. I also got to watch the big boys play and run and throw snow balls through the window for long time. It was a great day!!Kynlee, Westin and Brooklyn. Kynlee was generally mad about being required to play in the snow, but she was equally mad about being made to go inside (her curiosity was getting the better of her). Westin was fine with it, as he is with most things, as long as he could sit on the porch without being disturbed.


John and Jackson (they barely paused long enough for a picture!)

Gage immediately ran out into the yard to explore, when he fell down, he got a little upset, but until then, he was just curious!

Brooklyn, just after she looked so happy sitting in the snow (no longer looking so happy)



The big boys finally came in when I heard Jackson screaming for me to help him and I looked out the kitchen window to see him hanging from the monkey bars. He doesn't actually know how to do the monkey bars, so he was stuck! I ran out into the snow wearing only my socks on my feet (actually they were Clint's socks and they had a hole in them, because Clint does not throw away socks until they are totally unwearable) and rescued him! Then, through chattering teeth, he said, "Mommy, can we come in, I'm cold?" They played inside the warm house for the rest of the day. We still love snow days, but it was a lot more work this year!! Maybe I should have taken it easy on myself and waited to do the snow until the babies were sleeping, but then I wouldn't have those precious memories of them in the snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment