Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Boy!

Jackson turned 3 yesterday! Hard to believe that it has already been 3 years. Time flies and each day is so precious. I don’t know where the time has gone and sometimes it makes me sad to realize that 3 years have come and gone, but then I remember a quote that friend has as the title of her blog, ”Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” I think this quote should be prominently displayed in the house of every mother (not that I have it displayed in my house, but I should). The past three years have been filled with joy, laughter, naughtiness (sometimes the source of the laughter) and fun. I would trade the last three years for anything and each birthday I am reminded how blessed I am that God chose me to be Jackson’s mother!

Sneaking icing off the cake before the guests arrived (Mamaw Hacker made it!)


We celebrated Jackson’s third birthday with a soccer party in the backyard. We threw some soccer balls, cones, a rebounder and a soccer croquet set into the backyard. Add a bounce house for good measure and you have yourself a very successful birthday party! The kids had a great time and we were able to visit with our friends while they played. I even took a turn in the bounce house with a friend! (Actually, believe it or not, Jackson managed to get BOTH of his grandmothers in the bounce house with him before the party started). Jackson was so excited about the bounce house. I got in with him when it was first put up and he said to me in a voice filled with awe and wonder, “Momma, who got this for me?” I told him I did and he replied with equal awe and wonder, “ Thank you Momma!” What a sweet boy!

Granna and Mamaw bouncing with the birthday boy!

Boys having a good time.

We almost couldn’t get Jackson to stop for presents because he was difficult to pry from the bounce house. Of course in true toddler fashion, we had one party goer that would not get in the bounce house for anything . . .until his mommy and daddy said it was time to go. Isn’t that just like a kid! J At least he got to try it out before he left!

The lone ranger who didn't want to bounce

Jackson was a very lucky boy. He received several new puzzles and games, a soccer net, a polar express train set, and some transformers (that he held tight to while opening other gifts!) His Aunt Kristy got him big boy underwear and when he pulled them out, the following conversation ensued:

Mommy: “ What is that?”
Jackson: “Big boy underwear.” (at which point he threw them to the ground while reaching for another bag and saying) “What’s in this one?”

This pretty much sums up potty training at our house. No interest and no cooperation!! Oh well, he’ll get there in his own time, and if not, we’ll have potty training boot camp!

So, Jackson at 3 years old:

Weight – less than 30 lbs (he may be right at 30 now, I haven’t weighed him in the last month
Height – I will add this when I measure him
Favs – trains, planes and automobiles; puzzles; transformers; SOCCER
Attitude – Lots of it and lots of personality too! Full of smiles and VERY observant. The kid’s hearing is a little too acute (no secrets in this house). He takes in everything and he continues to be a little perfectionist.
And to top it all off, he’s a great big brother! He wants to hug and kiss “his babies” all the time and he keeps tabs on them. He is very concerned if one is “missing”. What would I do without him to keep up with everyone:

Alright, now for cake pics! . . .

This is the best picture of Mommy, Daddy and Jackson I got that day. Oh well.

Blowing out the candles

Granna is always a great influence. Is there really anything else to say?

We were so lucky to have family and friends able to celebrate with us. We look forward to the next year as long as we survive it! I hear three is no walk in the park :)

No comments:

Post a Comment