Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Five Little Pumpkins



Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
The first one says, oh my it's getting late.
The second one says, there are witches in the air.
The third one says, but we don't care.
The forth one says, lets run and run and run.
The fifth one says, I'm ready for some fun.
Woooooooo went the wind and out went the lights.
And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

I love this Halloween poem and now I have my very own five little pumpkins. Really it's four little pumpkins and one big pumpkin at our house now, but even the big pumpkin isn't that big.

After a successful adventure to daddy's work, we decided to head out with some friends to a very fun pumpkin patch on Friday about 45 minutes away. So with two vans, 5 adults, 5 babies, two 2 year olds, and a young girl, we set off! The weather was perfect and the pumpkins were plentiful. We took pictures and picked out carving pumpkins, as well as some to decorate the front yard for fall. The woman who ran the pumpkin patch gave us a couple of very big pumpkins as a baby gift!

Jackson's first trip to a pumpkin patch on Halloween. He was one week old.


Jackson, John and Katherine


Family Photo


Jackson and John


Gage, Brooklyn, Kynlee and Westin (5 weeks old)

Granna, Mommy and babies (Jackson was too busy playing with John to be bothered with this picture)

We enjoyed the photo-op, but didn't really enjoy the extra attention that I knew was inevitable, but hadn't had to experience yet. When we got to the pumpkin patch, there was another family there with a baby that was 7 weeks old. When they realized there were 4 of our babies, of course they were amazed. Everyone loves a newborn, so I don't necessarily mind the attention for the newborns, but the fascination with multiples will get old fast I fear. The family that caught sight of us didn't just say, " Oh wow how amazing. They're so cute" and move on, they followed us around. One of the men even took Kynlee out of Granna's arms and held her then started kissing her on the top of the head! I don't know what makes anyone think that is okay. Just because there are enough of them to go around, doesn't mean you can actually have one! Once we finally escaped and were taking our pictures (this was all we wanted to do, just like everyone else that was there), one of the members of the same family came up and asked if she could take a picture of our babies. I very nicely told her I would prefer not, but I appreciated her asking first. It would have been harmless, but I just wasn't comfortable with it and to be honest, if a stranger had asked to take a picture of Jackson at that age, I would have said no, so I think the same rules apply here. Other than the initiation into the fascination of multiples when in public, it was a very pleasant and fun trip to the pumpkin patch!

Aunt Kiki by the pumpkin bug (she loves old VW's so we had to get her picture with it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment