Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Five Firecrackers For The Fourth of July!

My 5 firecrackers were the only firecrackers I got to see this year :-( Besides poppers, we couldn't do anything else. Our area is in a major drought and with this part of the state and all the states to the west burning to the ground lately, they banned fireworks this year including the professional show. Now, I'm a reasonable person and I understood the necessity of this, but I was devastated nonetheless. I know, I know . . . if missing fireworks is the worst thing happening in my life right now, then I'm doing pretty well, but I'm kind of a firework fanatic, so it was difficult for me. This was the first year that I have ever missed a professional fireworks show (at least to my recollection). Fourth of July is second only to Christmas in my book and in my opinion, the only thing that could make Christmas better would be fireworks (they used to do a Christmas Fireworks to music near my parent's house, but I don't think they do anymore, which is really too bad). I LOVE fireworks. I'm embarrassed to admit that I got a little teary-eyed the day before the fourth over the idea of missing fireworks. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm kind of like a little kid when it comes to fireworks. Jackson loved them his first 4th of July and I wanted to see the babies watch them this year (but, more importantly, I wanted to watch them). Oh well, I survived and there's always New Year's . . . right?!

So, how did we celebrate our country's independence without the most important part of the holiday? Well . . .

We started the celebration with the annual 4th on Broadway parade and finished with a BBQ at our house with good friends and good food!






Westin

Brooklyn

Westin, Brooklyn, Gage and Kynlee at the parade

Jackson was not willing to participate in pictures on the 4th, so the only ones I have are mostly of his back. Maybe I'll get a picture of all of them in their patriotic gear together for Labor Day. The weekend was great. We BBQ'd with friends on Saturday too and went the annual street dance on Sunday night. On top of all of that, we spent some time at the pool with the kiddos! The only thing that would have made it better . . . fireworks of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment