Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

10 Months Old!

I feel like the last month has been maybe the fastest yet. We are busy, busy, busy! We're getting out more and enjoying the summer and maybe that's why it's flying by, but I need for time to slow down!! Everyone is continuing to grow so much and they are all over the place! They are getting faster by the day and are all pulling up, getting down and cruising everywhere. Personalities are getting bigger as well. They are all eating lots of finger foods and I'm starting to see some sibling rivalry. When one baby is in my lap and another spots this, they either start crying or beeline for me to make sure they get their equal cut in the action! They are stealing toys from each other constantly and they are starting to shove each other out of the way at times! Uh oh, it begins! Here's what they are each up to these days. . .

Brooklyn


Weight: 16 lbs 7 oz
Personality and Development: I just found Brooklyn's 3rd tooth yesterday (7/5/11)! She's pulling up and cruising and she has recently started giving the best hugs! One of my favorite things right now are Brooklyn hugs. She has become quite the momma's girl and when I walk in a room, she heads straight for me. When I pick her up she spreads her arms and puts a hand on each of my shoulders (she can barely reach this wide) and lays her head on my shoulder for a few seconds. Really and truly, it doesn't get any better than that! She is loving her finger foods lately and will devour most meals. She really loves those Gerber puffs and I think would knock down another baby to get to them. She loves bananas and pears too! She has a little blanket pal that she sleeps with that my mom got for her. It is so sweet. When you put her in her crib, she crawls over to it and lays down with her face on it! While she is definitely such a sweetheart, the girl can scream when she's mad! I'm pretty sure that if she gets any higher pitched, only dogs will be able to hear her (which would be nice for me). Her funniest/oddest new habit is chewing on baby wipes (don't worry, it's usually clean ones . . . ). She's totally obsessed, seriously! When she sees me changing a diaper and the wipes container is open, she heads straight to it, pulls one out and chews on it. I don't understand, but I think it's hysterical! I would think it wouldn't taste so good, but what do I know?!

Gage


Weight: 19 lbs 14 oz
Personality and Development: Gage is my seeker. He seeks me out all day long. The others will rush to me when they see me, but, Gage comes to find me. While looking for me, he whines and cries the most pitiful cry and stops every few feet to look up and put one arm behind to twist as far as he can and make sure that you see how pitiful he is! It's kind of funny. He wants to be near me all the time right now and will often say "Mamamamama" while do looking for me and fussing! I don't know that this is an intentional word, but it is definitely the sound he makes when he looks for me. He is not a hugger or a kisser, his show of affection is to touch his forehead and nose to your forehead and nose. It's pretty cute and is often accompanied with a smile or giggle! He always wakes up with a huge red spot over his left eye from the hand that he sleeps on. At night, when he and Westin are put to bed, Clint always plays with them for a minute. They stand in the crib (the babies still sleep two and two in their cribs) and Clint plays peek-a-boo, or makes silly faces and both boys just laugh and laugh! He still won't sit without using his hands which makes me crazy, but he can. I've seen him do it briefly, but as soon as he realizes it, he puts a hand down. It's like he just doesn't have the confidence or doesn't know that he can. But, since he crawling, pulling up and cruising, I'm not concerned. Gage is just so funny and we enjoy his silly/serious demeanor. He's still an eater!! He loves to eat and gets very frustrated if you don't keep the food coming. That boy is going to eat me out of house and home!

Westin


Weight: 18 lbs 10 oz
Personality and Development: , eWestin is sooo laid back (unless he's mad, then he can give quite the loud and pitiful performance). He has become my early riser recently, often waking before 7 a.m.!! We're working on it . . . Most of the time, he is just quiet and content. He continues to be a little lazy compared to everyone else. He likes to be fed instead of feeding himself if he can get away with it. He's probably my worst eater in general, even though he has SIX teeth! He doesn't like soft or squishy textures (like chunks of bananas or pears). He'll eat the same foods pureed, but not in chunks yet. He does like sandwich meat and bread though. When the kid sees a carb he gets pretty impatient for you to get it on his tray (he must be my child). Westin is such a smiley little guy and I love that. He gives "kisses" that melt my heart and likes to touch my face when I hold him!!! He also doesn't seem to know that he can sit without using his hands. Like Gage, I've seen him do it, but it's brief, like he is nervous about it. But again, he can crawl, pull up and cruise, so I guess he'll get over the fear (or whatever it is) in his own time. He still talks a lot and has the sweetest voice. While early morning rising is not my thing, I do sometimes enjoy the one on one time with this sweet little guy! Though, my favorite new Westin thing is spontaneous giggling! He will just be crawling along and start laughing. I LOVE this! I guess he finds joy in the little things.

Kynlee


Weight: 16 lbs 15 oz
Personality and Development: Kynlee is a Daddy's girl I think. When he gets home it the evenings, she is always the first to greet him (though she is the fastest too, so she may just be the winner) and she greets him every night without fail! She is so funny. She is always busy and always looking for something to do, but also likes to find a "big" person and be held. When you pick her up, she clamps on with her legs and holds on with her arms. You can let go of her and she will stay in place, I'm not kidding! Like everyone else, she is crawling, pulling up and cruising, but she is also standing without holding onto anything once in a while too. It doesn't last long, but she can do it. I think she will be my first walker! Kynlee LOVES to eat too. I'm not really sure who puts away more food, Gage or Kynlee. Kynlee will devour shredded sandwich meat. I think she would eat a 1/4 pound at a sitting if I let her! If you put it on her tray first she has it all finished before you can finish giving it to everyone else and then she makes frantic sounds to get some more. Kynlee is a kisser. She gives those fabulous open mouth baby kisses. You know, the ones that are only cute when they're babies! She cracks me up with her constant need to know what's going on. I still think she's going to be a mess, but she's sweeter than I used think she would be.

Life around here continues to be fun and fast-paced. Jackson is starting to get a little frustrated with the fact that the babies can get some of his things, but he's also playing with them more everyday. He will chase them or try to get them to chase him and it is so funny to watch. Brooklyn just laughs and laughs when Jackson tries to chase her. We are so blessed by our five little people. Even the rough days are a blessing (though sometimes I don't see it at the time). Another month down and so much to look forward to as we enjoy this next month (Aunt Jessica gets married in 3 1/2 weeks!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment