After an almost 8 month hiatus, we finally made it back to church with the WHOLE family! Maybe conquering the move emboldened us, maybe we are a little crazy, but we did it!
We stopped attending last summer right before I went into the hospital. The Sunday before I was admitted, we decided to try to go one more time and ended up leaving early because I started not feeling well (getting ready and then immediately leaving for church turned out to be a little much for me that day). Then there was the hospital stay and then of course four babies came home and chaos ensued! Not only could we not fathom taking four babies and a 3 year old to church until we got our feet wet, but we also did not want to expose the babies to all the people. They came home right as flu and RSV season were about to begin, so we couldn't risk exposure. Clint and I managed to go occasionally when someone was available to keep babies, but we were not going regularly at all.
Once the respiratory risk was reduced, we took the plunge! April 10th, we woke up, fed four 7 month olds, showered, dressed and then dressed 5 kids. Then we met my two sisters and my brother at Mass. One adult for every child, that is definitely the way to do it! It went really well and we've been every Sunday since, with help, except one (we were out of town). I've never put Jackson in the nursery, he has always attended church with us, but I may have to break down and start using the nursery for these guys, because we may not have help every Sunday and I don't think Clint and I could do it on our own!
It feels good to be back at church and it feels good to attend as a family. We're so grateful for the help we've had so far to make that possible. God is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment