Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Extended Leave Of Absence

Yesterday marked ONE YEAR since my last day of work! Wow! This time last year, I said good-bye to my co-workers and settled into a life of solitude and baby incubation (the solitude is definitely a thing of the past). I was 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant on my last day of work. The original plan was to work for one more week, but I was getting too fatigued too easily and so the planned changed at the last minute (plans do that when you have a lot of babies: pregnant or otherwise). I remember being sad and a little scared as I left work that day. It was the first big life change involving the quadruplets . . . leaving work for an undetermined length of time.

Here we are a year later and it's not so scary. Life has changed DRAMATICALLY since this time last year, but in amazing ways. And work . . . well, I definitely plan to go back, but I still don't have a definitive time frame on that yet. I think it may be on the horizon, but not quite yet.

I miss my career and the kids I treated, but I'm also LOVING being at home and being a part of every minute of the fast and furious life that goes on here. As my boss said to me not too long ago, this season in life is so short and you have your whole life to work. So for right now, I'm going to enjoy this season until the winds change and life takes a turn with it. God will point us in the direction we are meant to go when we are meant to go there, He has so far. I look forward to that chapter because I enjoy my job, but this chapter is pretty great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment