Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Mother's Day

Okay, okay, I realize this is waaaaay delayed, but hey at least I'm getting it done before May is over! I need to document this for my sake, I want to remember my first mother's day as a mother of five, because it was pretty great!

I woke up Sunday morning to feed babies with Clint (what else does a mother of four infants do on Mother's Day). After babies were fed, Clint and Jackson made French toast for me with thick slices of French bread. It was REALLY fabulous and Clint won't tell me what he put in the batter. He says it's a secret, but Jackson did tell me that I would "never know that we put vanilla in it." I guess the rest will remain a secret ;) It was even more fabulous because I put Nutella between two slices of the already fabulous French toast. Yum! After breakfast we dressed and met my sisters at church and then back home for more baby feeding.

Church held one of my favorite memories of the day. While sitting in church, I heard Jackson whispering to Clint about Jesus up on the cross at the front of the church. He continues to ask so many questions since Easter and he talks non-stop about Jesus. As the conversation progressed in whispers, this is what I heard:

Jackson: "Jesus is good."
Clint: "Yes, He is. We love Jesus don't we?"
Jackson: "Yes. (pause) He's kind of a superhero."

I loved this! I wish there was a way to document and share the facial expression and the tone of voice used for this statement. It was priceless as he nodded and raised his eyebrows to make his point!

Later, Jackson and I were able to sneak away during afternoon nap for a little one-on-one time. We headed to Chuck E Cheese to play games. We had a great time. I taught Jackson to love Skee ball and he taught me about the dinosaur race game. It was so much fun!!

When we got home, of course another baby feeding and then my sisters came over for BBQ chicken and "flying ear pasta." What is "flying ear pasta" you ask? Well, this was a term coined by none other than Jackson Hacker during dinner that day. While Clint grilled chicken, I made a roasted red pepper pasta dish as a side with bowtie pasta. During dinner, Jackson picked up a piece of bowtie pasta and said, "Look, it's flying ears!" And from that moment on, he referred to it as "flying ear pasta." As far as I'm concerned, it sticks, I love it! In the Hacker household, bowtie pasta will forever be renamed "flying ear pasta."



Jackson sliding with Kynlee (he did this with all the babies that day)


After dinner, we loaded up the kids and my sisters and headed to the park for some swinging, some sliding and some all around fun! I dare you to top that Mother's Day! I don't think it can be done. It was amazing! I love my kids and I feel so blessed to be their mommy, what an amazing calling God has given me. Every minute of everyday is better because they are a part of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment