Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Home For The Holidays

I got brave or went crazy, the jury is still out on that one. My sister, Kristen (a.k.a. Aunt Kiki), and I loaded up ALL five kids, left Clint behind to hold down the fort for a couple of days, and drove 320 miles to Granna and Poppo's house! I am calling it a success thus far. The normally 5 hour trip took 6 1/2 hours due to an hour and fifteen minute stop at the half way point to feed and change babies. The babies slept for the first half and the second half there was some mild fussing off and on, but no screaming until the last five minutes when everyone was getting hungry again! I'd say, not too bad!We arrived!

After much debate, I decided, crazy or not, I needed a change of scenery and some familiar traditions. I have not traveled in over 7 months! I know that lots of people probably do that all the time, but I usually come home at least every other month. I am not one to sit still for very long! Being home is sort of a vacation for me with all the extra help (note, I said sort of) and it's also sort of a vacation for Clint. He still has to go to work, but he's coming home to a quiet house. Wonder if knows how to handle that much quiet?!

The best part of being home so far was COOKIE DAY yesterday. Every year since 1997, my family has decorated Christmas cookies with the neighbors, the Cattoors. We even have t-shirts that say C & H Cookie Company (Cattoor and Haefele). This is the first year I have been home for cookie day in years. Some friends of ours are wanting to start this tradition with our kids and we were going to start this year, but all the boys got sick this year, so maybe next year. Since their last name is Campbell, I figure we can start a C & H Cookie Company franchise:)
Everyone holding their favorite Cookie!


Kids I used to babysit for, now holding my babies (does that mean I'm getting old?)

So far I very much enjoying my holiday and I am looking forward to the rest of it. I love to be surrounded by family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment