Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Christmas Poem

Twas 19 nights before Christmas,3:30 a.m., when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney so neatly,
Granna had just sent the new ones she made so sweetly!
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
Expect Jackson of course who had snuck to our bed!
Clint in his boxers and I in my warm, snuggly p.j.'s,
were soundly asleep, just dreaming away.

When out in the living room, there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed, but already knew what was the matter.
I woke up my husband who was sleeping on
And quickly told him what I feared was going on.
Away to the living room we flew like a flash,
turned on the light and my last hopes were dashed.

The recessed bulbs in the lights mounted high in our ceiling,
glared off the mess, giving me such a bad feeling.
And what to our wondering eyes did appear,
our fallen Christmas tree surrounded by shattered ornaments once held so dear.
With Jackson following closely to assess the disaster,
we slowly picked up our tree, it was 3:30 a.m so we couldn't go faster.
Jackson gave words of comfort then crawled back in our bed,
Clint asked what ornaments were broken, but "I can't look or I'll cry" is all I said.
Amidst pine needles, spilled water, wet presents and broken glass,
we spent an hour and half busting our a**
We had to get the tree back up and secure it tight,
so when our kids woke up all would be right.
We mopped up water, unwrapped presents and vacuumed the floor,
we worked until we couldn't work anymore.

The tree was back up, the ornaments secure,
 but before I left for work I still just wasn't quite sure.
Uncle Jacob showed up to watch the kids that day
So I told him we needed to make sure it would stay.
An engineer student and a mom who was worried,
came up with a plan and to complete it we scurried.
When the work was all done, the tree was secure,
we know because we tied it to the wall just be sure!
It will go down as a Christmas story we will remember always,
but we prefer if the future would spare us such crazy "joys."
So in closing it only seems right
To wish Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment