Life seems to be getting busier and harder, not easier. I miss blogging and documenting my family's story, but it's been almost impossible to get it done lately (and by lately I mean for the last 2 months . . . ) A large part of this is that Clint has been studying for his Orthopedic Certified Specialist test through the APTA (prayers that he passes when he takes it next month would be greatly appreciated), which means that during the quiet hours of the day when I might be able to blog, he has been dominating the computer. The other reason for the silence is just plain exhaustion! I had blocked out how demanding the 2 year old phase is and when you multiply it by four it's almost more than I can do some days! Just think, when Jackson was the age of the little guys, I was pregnant with them. I have NO idea how I kept up with him!
We are running on fumes here most days. There never seems to be enough time to fully recharge, but we're loving it too. Everyone is getting so much personality and they are really blossoming in little people.
Brooklyn is naughty as ever. Right now her obsession is princesses and anything to do with princesses. Today is the first day in almost 2 weeks that she has not been wearing the fairy princess dress that she got for her birthday, but not to worry, she found another princess dress to replace it with since her usual is hidden. She loves to tell us that she is a princess and will twirl very ladylike when there is music on. She will even give out "princess hugs." This consists of a kiss, then a hug on each cheek. Her current favorite movie is "Rella" (i.e. Cinderella). I think secretly she prefers the action of Disney Cars, but she has to stick by her princesses!
Gage is silly as ever. He is a little OCD about a lot of things, but the funniest right now is when he gives back kisses or pats that he does not want. If you kiss him or rub his head, etc and it was not his idea, he gets upset and is only calm if he can "give it back to you" which consists of him touching his face where you kissed him and then touching your lips OR he "eats" the kiss. As ever, he is still Jackson's biggest fan and will copy ANYTHING Jackson says or does. Sometimes this is funny and sometimes it concerns me a little. He loves to dance and is just so fun (as long as he's in a good mood, cause if he's not . . . watch out!)
Westin's personality has changed some. He's not a quiet and mild mannered as he used to be. He's really starting to exert some independence and not allow his brothers and sisters to walk on him like he used to. He's been a little naughty, taking things from people just to get a reaction and such. He also growls a lot, which is actually quite funny. He will run up and growl at his sisters, who will pretend to be scared come running to bury their heads in my chest. I love that everyone is pretend playing more. Westin LOVES cars and can often be spotted caring a whole armful . . . sometimes while wearing the girls' dress up high heels, but hey! He's a joy and still has a heart breaking smile.
Kynlee has become quite the little "mommy" and much to my surprise she is the rule follower of the crew! She does not like for anyone to step out of line and she will scold the other kids for doing something they are not supposed to do. She is happiest on my hip and is happy to just sit on the couch with me. She does like to run wild with everyone else sometimes, but mostly she likes to keep things neat and orderly and "mother" everyone all day! She is still a little high strung at times, but she is learning to laugh and let go a little more. There is nothing better than joyful Kynlee just giggling away!
Jackson continues to be an amazing big brother and a joy to us. Five is really proving to be a great age. We still battle some strong-willed attitudes and the occasional defiance (I think that's just part of who he is), but he is becoming such a good listener and a good helper most of the time. He is using good manners, he is reasonable about punishments when he does get in trouble and he is just so much easier. Can you tell I like five? Jackson is so good to his brothers and sisters. He plays with them and helps them and he loves to spend time with them. I am so proud of the young man he is. He loves his family, he loves God and he loves life!! He also has such a forgiving heart. He is constantly forgiving me for my often short patience when life is chaotic. It's humbling to know that you can be loved, so unconditionally by such an amazing little person.
We are all well and still here I promise! I will try to post pictures later and when Clint is not studying all the time, I hope to get back to a more regular posting schedule.
Now a few "words" from Jackson, as he is begging to type:
jackson gage kynlee westin brooklyn clint jackie
i
jackson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment