Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Water Fun . . . . Hmmm

I'm aware that I've neglected the blog lately. It's been crazy lately. My sister, Jessica, just got married last Saturday and we've been in a whirlwind of wedding festivities, but now that it's over, I'll play catch up! I have to share a quick story though . . .

This morning, I walked in the door after running an errand to find the babies in the living room with Clint and Jackson. It was right around breakfast time for the babies, so I asked Clint if they had eaten and when I was told, not yet, I proceeded to get them all in their high chairs for some bananas and cheerios. First to get settled with their bananas were Brooklyn and Kynlee. They were both happily munching and I was off to gather the boys while continuing to carry a conversation with Clint when suddenly he interrupted me . . .

Clint: "Wash, Kynlee's hands RIGHT NOW! I forgot!
Me: "What?" while giving him an inquisitive look
Clint: "She was playing in the toilet!"
Me: "Great and now she is using her toilet hands to feed herself banana. That's not something you forget to do!" as I rush to get soapy rags to clean her hands.
Clint: "You might want to wash Westin's hands too, his weren't wet, but he was standing up at the toilet."

Of course I needed the whole story, so I asked!

Apparently while Clint was in the bathroom getting ready to go to work, Jackson opened the bathroom door to talk to Clint (we keep it closed for obvious reasons). Well, the babies flocked and went directly to the small toilet room (the first place they always go when the manage to get into our bathroom). So, Clint finished up what he was doing and then went to get them all out of the bathroom. When he walked around the corner, he found that Gage and Brooklyn had unrolled the entire toilet paper roll, Kynlee was playing in the toilet water and Westin was pulled up on the toilet watching Kynlee! I kind of wish that I had managed to see this because the mental image is pretty funny! Anyway, when I walked in the door, Clint had JUST evacuated all the babies from the bathroom and apparently I distracted him when I started talking to him. I did inform him that for future reference, NOTHING should distract you from washing your child's hands when he/she has been playing in the toilet! ;-)

Team work may not always be a good thing in this household!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning. We are twins and live in Poland.You have a very nice blog and beautiful children. Greetings to all your family a wonderful ; ))


    Sylwia & Izabella ; )

    ReplyDelete