Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moments I Never Want to Forget

There are those moments as a mother when you think, I just want to hold onto this forever and ever. Obviously you can't, but I can preserve some of those moments here to look back on.

Recently, I have had two such moments with two of my sweet, sweet boys. I love my boys!

The first, was with Westin last week. He had woken up VERY early in the morning and it was still dark. Being tired, I put him in bed with me (I know, many people are totally against this, but sometimes sleep is more important than routine.) I was tired and frustrated and just wanted him to go back to sleep. He would lay his head on my chest and then pick it up and talk and then repeat. After a few minutes, he just laid his head on my chest and stared at me with those huge beautiful eyes and then picked his head up and touched his lips to mine. He did this 2 or 3 times and then snuggled in and went back to sleep. Some may call it a baby exploring and feeling things with his mouth, but I'm holding firm that it was sweet kisses from my sweet boy! I love him so much.

The second, was a moment with my big stinker, Jackson. That kid can push every button I have, but he can also be the sweetest boy. I love Jackson in the morning when he wakes up with a smile and comes out to say, "Good morning, Momma" and gives me a kiss! But, this memory is very specific. While at my mom's house last week, Jackson and I were sleeping in the same bed. When we went to bed one night, he was laying there talking off and on and I kept telling him it was time to be quiet, then there was one last thing he needed to tell me . . . he said, "Momma, you will be my best girl forever and ever!" It melted my heart and while I know it's not true, someday he will find the girl who will actually fit this description, I'm going to treasure it "forever and ever." And I'm satisfied with being his "best girl" for right now.

*Sigh* It doesn't get much better than this, so when they are teenagers, if someone can redirect me to the post and remind me how much I love these sweet boys, I would greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment