Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Bond of "Qua-driblets" (I know I spelled it wrong)

Today, Gage asked a very important question.  Our conversation went something like this:

Gage:  When we are adults, how will we have our birthday together?
Me: Well, you probably won't every year.
Gage:  But we have to!
Me: Why?
Gage:  Because we are Qua-driblets!
Me:  So you want to spend every birthday with your brother and sisters?
Gage:  Yes.

At this point, Kynlee chimed in to let everyone know that they could come to her house for their birthday, but Gage quickly corrected her and said, "I will decide how we celebrate our birthday."  I think he settled on a skating party when they are adults : )

I love these moments when I get to see how close they really are.  There is a lot of fighting that happens at my house.  Their personalities are so different and often they are at odds with each other, but deep, deep, deeeeeeeep down maybe they really are learning to cherish the bonds of sibling-hood.

Don't worry, Jackson is not to be left out.  He is idolized by them (well, the boys at least, I think sometimes the girls just see him as the ring leader of the dreaded boys!).  Everywhere we go these days, my kids announce to strangers that they are "Qua-driblets" and they are 5, but they also have a big brother that is 8.  They NEVER forget to make sure people know about Jackson, even when he is not with us. 

I need these heartwarming moments . . . because as I am finishing this post that made my heart so happy, Brooklyn is being pushed into my bedroom by Gage because "she wouldn't stop talking to me!" and according to Brooklyn it was "a hard push!"  *sigh*  At least they like each other sometimes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment