The weather is getting a little too cool for your traditional slip 'n' slide fun, but that doesn't stop Jackson! Jackson has found an alternative or two. Typically this involves some slippery socks and my kitchen floor. He takes off running at full speed and slides across the floor . . . think Tom Cruise from Risky Business, but with pants and no sunglasses. He's not really concerned with the fact that I don't think this is the best plan, it's too fun to worry about getting hurt!
Wednesday night however, a unique sliding opportunity presented itself to Jackson in the form of a puddle on the kitchen floor. . . I'd like to preface this story by saying that I was not home. I was watching Gone With the Wind on the big screen with some friends, so the story that follows took place on Daddy's watch. Here is how the story was told to me . . .
It was Thursday morning, Jackson was getting ready for school and Kynlee came into the living room:
Mommy: You need a bath today.
Jackson: I took a bath last night.
Mommy: I was talking to Kynlee, the little kids need a bath today. (Pause) Why did you take a bath, you had one the night before, you didn't have to take one until tonight.
Jackson: Oh right. Well, actually I needed a bath.
Mommy: Why?
Jackson: Well there was a puddle of water in the kitchen and I was sliding through it a bunch
Mommy: (Looking and feeling a little confused)
Jackson: I thought it was water, but really Westin had peed in his pants. While I was sliding, Westin brought Daddy in to show him he had peed right there . . . and I fell down in it a few times while I was sliding.
Mommy: Good call on the bath, little man!
To say I was laughing would be an understatement. I mean don't get me wrong, it's totally disgusting and gross, but A) I wasn't here to deal with it and B) let's face it, it's hysterical!!
I still can't believe that Clint did not tell me this story himself when I came home Wednesday night. I came in and asked if the kids were good and all he said was, "Yeah, they were mostly good." I would have been busting to tell Clint if it had been reversed. I'm still laughing about it today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment