Jackson started Kindergarten on August 26th and he is LOVING it! We had a short, rough patch the 2nd and 3rd weeks of school when he realized that he was going to have to get up early EVERYday, but the fun he is having at school has won out and he does a really great job getting up and getting ready every morning. I'm so proud of him! We are on our 6th week and it's going great . . . except that I kind of miss him on days when I'm home with the kids. I was doing ok with it until he was home sick 2 days last week and I really enjoyed having him home a little extra! Oh well, Christmas break will be here soon . . .
![]() |
| Getting ready for bed the night before! |
![]() |
| First week of clothes all ready to go (so far I have managed to do this every Sunday, it really helps!) |
![]() |
| Going to bed as a "preschooler" for the last time! Ready to wake up a Kindergartener. We read "The Night Before Kindergarten" before he went to bed. |
![]() |
| Can't open my eyes to eat my breakfast! |
![]() |
| My big Kindergarten boy! |
![]() |
| With Uncle Jacob. Uncle Jacob's last first day of school and Jackson's first first day of school. |
![]() |
| Obligatory picture with mommy and daddy. |
![]() |
| Putting his stuff in his cubby |
![]() |
| Mommy and Jackson |
![]() |
| Daddy and Jackson |
![]() | ||
| Brookies! An after school surprise for my big guy on his first day of school! They are his favorite! |
M: Tell me about your day
J: I don't remember
M: Yes, you do, tell me what you did.
J: Later
M: No, tell me now
J: Later, there's always later!
M: No, there's not always later, the little ones are sleeping now, it's quiet, I want to hear about your day.
*This is where it gets funny, though he did get in trouble for this very snotty response, even though I was dying laughing on the inside.
J: I said later. Do you understand what later means? Because if you don't maybe instead of going to work tomorrow, YOU should go back to school!!
I know it was fatigue talking more than anything, but man, I couldn't believe that I sent a Kindergartener to school and the teacher sent back a teenager ;-)
Looking forward to a school year full of fun, though we are hoping to avoid anymore adventures like last week when Jackson's lunch box was thrown up on at the lunch table!! Seriously! The lunch box disappeared never to be heard from again!
Oh the joys of school!















No comments:
Post a Comment