We have successfully survived the first 3 years of having 5 kids! It's had its ups and downs, but there is not a moment I would change! Every good, bad and "in between" moment has gotten us to this point and we are all happier and better people for it!
I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous about this next year! My mom always told me that the "Terrible Two's" were nothing compared with three and that was certainly the case with Jackson. There were many times that I wasn't sure he would survive to see four and it was usually in those moments that he suddenly did something so darn cute/sweet/funny, that I decided to keep him just a little longer. Surely God will grace me with those same moments this year to help me through! This has been the year that I have been in absolute dread of since this beautiful little foursome was born. I can't even imagine three year olds x 4!! Pray for me!
To be honest, the treacherous road to 4 has already begun. It was like a switch turned on the day of their birthday party. I tried to tell myself that it was all the excitement . . . but here we are a week later and no one has turned the switch off. This past week has been filled with tantrums, unreasonableness, stubbornness, independence, and fighting . . . oh, the fighting . . . on Tuesday it came complete with biting, shoving and slapping that left red prints on each other!! No joke! This could be a LONG year! Just this morning, while trying to get out of the house with everyone for a birthday party, we had meltdowns over everything . . . what clothes to wear, whether or not to take a bath, what shoes to wear or whether to wear any at all. Westin and Brooklyn were the worst ones this morning (but honestly, this fluctuates daily).
While this morning was frustrating, I do have to admit that in retrospect, Brooklyn's fits were somewhat comical due to the shear ridiculousness! Let me give you a glimpse into her morning . . .
Fit #1: I DON'T want to take a bath
#2: I DON'T want to get out of the bath
#3 I DON'T want a towel (despite being soaking wet)
#4 I'm COLD (because I'm refusing a towel)
#5 I DON'T want a towel!
#6 I NEED a towel, I'm COLD!
#7 I DON'T want my hair brushed
#8 I DON'T want clothes
#9 I want my tutu (Clint ended up allowing her to wear it for a little bit, but she had to take it off and wear real clothes before we left . . . how do you think this went down . . . she said okay, but . . . )
#10 I WANT to wear my tutu (as the tube top part is falling down her torso and her whole little naked chest is showing, so obviously this was NOT an option.)
*Brief reprieve and she is finally willing to wear clothes as long as it's a dress, which was fine by me
#11 I DON'T want pigtails (this one wasn't worth the fight, so I gave that up immediately)
#12 I DON'T want shoes ( she never wants shoes, I wrestled her into them and they were off the moment we hit the party)
I'm sure you're laughing and while I wasn't this morning (and won't be the next time this happens), I am right now! Especially over the bath/towel scene! Can we say UNREASONABLE!
While the last week has been hard, there are many good moments too. Watching them really look out for each other and pretend play together and share things when a sibling is sad. They are pretty amazing little people and I really couldn't ask for more. They are healthy, happy, precious and independent. I feel sure they will test me this year (and every year to come probably), but I know that they will make me better and I hope that I am able to do the same for them!
However . . . still pray for me! Birthday party posts and Jackson's first day of kindergarten coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment