Jackson was at daycare that day because it was a Thursday, but we picked him up early and went to the Science Spectrum with some friends and Aunt Kiki just to get out of the house and enjoy the day. Everyone really enjoyed the kid's room where they could play and explore.
Science Spectrum fun . . .
Following this, we headed home (with friends and Kiki in tow), had Daddy pick up some dinner and proceeded to enjoy some more birthday fun. After dinner, we had our 1st birthday cupcakes and boy did the babies make a mess. I think there may still be cupcake lurking in corners of my kitchen!! Brooklyn dove in without hesitation. Everyone else had a little trouble figuring out how to eat the cupcake and Kynlee wasn't even sure she wanted to touch it for a while! It was so fun to watch. I'm pretty sure they got as much cupcake on the ground as they did in their mouths (except Brooklyn, who I think may have eaten every last crumb).
Cupcake eating/smashing . . .
Post cupcake smiles . . .
They are all getting so big and so fun. I still plan to do an individual post for each of them on the highlights of their first year, but here are the birthday weights just to give a quick run down of how much they have grown this year.
Brooklyn: birth weight - 4 lbs 7 oz 1st birthday weight - 18 lbs 1 oz
Gage: birth weight - 4 lbs 1st birthday weight - 22lbs (Kiki pointed out that this means he is now 5 1/2 times the Gage he was a year ago and 2 lbs bigger than Jackson was at a year!!)
Westin: birth weight - 5 lbs 1st birthday weight - 19 lbs 15 oz
Kynlee: birth weight - 4 lbs 2 oz 1st birthday weight - 18 lbs 6.5 oz
They have all come a long way from those little (relatively speaking) preemies they were a year ago! I can't believe that it's been a year since they were born, a year since I came home from the long hospital stay and a year that we have had 5 children. What a fun, fast and crazy year it has been (at least what I can remember of it : )
Stay tuned for more birthday weekend festivity reports and pictures . . .



They are getting so big! It looks like you guys had a blast!
ReplyDeleteP.s. We have a roller coaster like that and I highly recommend it. We set it up in the house during the winter and it's outside during the summer. THe girls play on it for hours. My 6 year old niece can still ride it.